Bonds for National Debt

With Obama in office, a federal budget surplus is a total wet dream.

The first thing that needs to happen is that Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) actually fulfill his legal obligation and bring a budget to the floor for a vote. The Democrats in the Senate HAVE GONE 1150+/- DAYS, OVER THREE YEARS, (since Obama took office) without voting on a budget. Can't have a budget surplus if the Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is unwilling to even bring a budget to the floor for a vote. FAIL = SENATE DEMOCRATS AND HARRY REID! FAIL = OBAMA'S LEADERSHIP!

It boggles the thinking man's mind to realize that the Obama Administration has spent BILLIONS on failed stimulus and other government failures and then passes comprehensive national health care reform without having ever voting on a federal budget!

In the hypothetical world where Congress passes a budget and the President signs it, a minimum of three things NEED to happen if there is ever to be a federal budget surplus;

1) Reduction in the size and scope of government
2) Entitlement reform
3) Overhaul of the tax code

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
http://www.whitehouse.gov/2011-taxreceipt

It looks like the Military takes about 24.9% of your taxes.

In a close second is healthcare with 23.7%,

followed by Family and Job Security with 19.1%. Which as far as I can tell includes food stamp programs, unemployment, etc.

So first off is cut military spending dramatically. Like by a shocking amount. We outspend the next 26 countries combined on defense, so add up every countries defense budget from 2-27 and it will equal Americas.

Secondly tackle healthcare. We are on the way, and regardless of what your opinions are at least its being discussed on a national stage.

From looking at the receipt the only way I can imagine lowering assistance dollars is by putting additional money into education and job training. If we have skilled workers making money they wont need food stamps or housing assistance. I mean the biggest drain on the F&JS section is federal civilian and military retirement and disability. Good luck being a politician and trying to lower that, the attack ads will be out faster than you can say magic underwear.

So if we could end a war or two and get healthcare costs under control I dont see why its impossible to lower spending by upwards of 10% immediately.

There is always hope but it would take far more sacrifice and responsibility than the current generation of leadership (the Baby Boomers) are willing to swallow. I don't think the hope even lies in Generation Y (being mostly children of Baby Boomers) as they largely have been raised with a inherent sense of entitlement and a very poor work ethic.

Being Generation X myself, I can't wait until the Baby Boomers in leadership have retired or died off. Given that Gen X is the first American generation to not fair better than the previous generation, there may be a chance once we age and take over positions of power and status to begin reversing some of the past 100 years of social democracy and progressive social engineering that has destroyed the republic and robbed Gen X and Gen Y of the American dream.

From generation X, this will go way beyond 2030...way past any issues that will come.

I get generation Y being 'spoiled' in laymen terms.

Generation Z, I guess my generation, is screwed because everyone has put forth things before them, taking what belongs to me and my children and grandchildren. Also, I have no hope in my peers. They are incompetent to solve anything and want things handed to them. They rather live in a shyte hole of the country rather than have the US be prosperous. They would not mind China taking over as long as the world still revolves around them. They have been brainwashed by their parents and hold a narrow minded view just like their parents....whether liberal or conservative. They do not think for themselves, rather, they let others think for them and hold to corrupt views of our country.

Tell me, what can one man do to save the country he loves, lives and only knows? I fear for my American family all +300,000,000. I fear the death of the United States. Being bought by communists in China, being sold to the devil.

The issue remains that we let people think they are owed due to the fact that the gov't stole from them. We hold entitlement, like Social Security, to the wall and drain it dry. A program meant to aid the poor retired, now everyone wants a piece of the pie that does not even exist.

We have unemployment highest since when? The Great Depression?

We have jobs! No one wants to work.
We have jobs off US soil. They need to be back on the mainland.
We need a solid tax rate of 15 percent GDP. 15% of all taxable revenue.
We need to lower spending on entitlements, defense, and consolidate the US gov't.
We need to pay china back before it is too late.
We must review the Universal Healthcare Act and see how we can improve it without political suicide.
We need to get out of every country...even our allies!
We need to rid of lobbyists, those who bought out our congresspeople, and terminate the jobs of all incumbents.
We meed to give China the bird.
We need to become an Independent State. We must be induviduals.
We need to reduce our debt to 10 trillion by 2020.
We need to reread our Constitution, Declaration, and other Federalist papers.
We must stand united against the common enemy.
We must protect ourselves without the infringement of rights.
We must embrace freedom.
God Bless us all.