Want FTP MAME roms ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 21, 2005 5:05:27 AM

I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms ?

thanks

More about : ftp mame roms

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:05:28 AM

Wesley wrote on 20. February 2005:

> I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms ?

I need beer and cannot find a fridge full of beer for updating my belly.
--
By(e) Andreas
February 21, 2005 10:46:36 AM

"Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
news:o nly_broken_newsreaders_show_this_in_the_body.m2mzty1uwc.fsf@usenet.ankman.de...
> Wesley wrote on 20. February 2005:
>>
>> I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms
>> ?
>
> I need beer and cannot find a fridge full of beer for updating my belly.

ok

anybody ?
February 21, 2005 12:37:18 PM

Hi,

> I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms ?

Go to www.pleasuredome.co.uk.

I suggest you drop FTP in favor of Bittorrent, very efficient.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de

"Marian Aldenhövel" <marian@mba-software.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> > I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms
?

> Go to www.pleasuredome.co.uk.
>
> I suggest you drop FTP in favor of Bittorrent, very efficient.

Bittorrent 99% less efficient than FTP.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 4:59:49 PM

Prosch thought about it a bit, then said...

> "Marian Aldenhövel" <marian@mba-software.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms
> ?
> >
> > Go to www.pleasuredome.co.uk.
> >
> > I suggest you drop FTP in favor of Bittorrent, very efficient.
> >
> Bittorrent 99% less efficient than FTP.

How do you figure that?

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

* Prosch wrote in alt.games.mame:

> "Marian Aldenhövel" <marian@mba-software.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,

>> > I need update roms and where I can find FTP MAME servers for update roms
> ?

>> Go to www.pleasuredome.co.uk.

>> I suggest you drop FTP in favor of Bittorrent, very efficient.

> Bittorrent 99% less efficient than FTP.

With FTP you are bound by the bandwidth of the FTP server, with BT you
can fill your pipe. FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
transfering large numbers of files.

--
David
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around us in awareness.

Hi,

> Bittorrent 99% less efficient than FTP.

Could you please elaborate on that?

I can saturate my download using bittorrent on the current .92 romset, when
I was still using FTP I was limited to the upload capacity of the server. In
the best case (when working with MAME-ROMs) these are at the thin end of a
ADSL link while I am at the fat end. So no way of achieving the same transfer
rate even if you were the sole client.

But was mainly referring to efficiency in the updating process if it's full
sets you are after. Us pokeroms just point to the torrent and are done with
it a variable amount of days later.

"old-fashioned" FTP-access to ROMs requires a working knowledge of ClrMamePro
(which cannot harm anyway). And you spend most of your time trying to wedge
yourself into a free slot on the server.

Using Bittorrent has the added advantage that even the meekest of the pokeroms
_helps_ with distribution instead of leeching on the important people's
bandwidth, which gives me a warm feeling.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
"Ich hoffe Sie können mir helfen. Ein Freund hat mir einen tollen
Bildschirmschoner aufgespielt, aber jedesmal wenn ich die Maus bewege
ist er weg."
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 6:59:47 PM

Hi,

> FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
> transfering large numbers of files.

It is topped by using nntp, aka binary newsgroups.

First you bloat the data to 4/3 the size. Then you blindly replicate
it across hundreds to thousands of sites not knowing where possibly
interested clients might be located.

:-).

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
"Ich hoffe Sie können mir helfen. Ein Freund hat mir einen tollen
Bildschirmschoner aufgespielt, aber jedesmal wenn ich die Maus bewege
ist er weg."
February 21, 2005 8:38:50 PM

* Marian Aldenhövel Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>> FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
>> transfering large numbers of files.
>
> It is topped by using nntp, aka binary newsgroups.

Ya know, I thought about adding that, but I use it more than BT or
FTP so it'd be shooting myself in the foot ;)

The positive point of usenet is that it is 'public' for the most
part, ie I dont need to 'know someone' to get an address, I merely
need to pay a few bucks and I have access and its searchable. The BW
points you mention notwithstanding, I do love my usenet and you can
pry it out of my cold dead mouse hand when I am done ];)

> First you bloat the data to 4/3 the size.

In all fairness, ther is always yEnc *ducks*

--
David
Anonymous

.... after inserting a credit, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid>
leaned forward and saw...
>FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
>transfering large numbers of files.

Bear in mind it was never intended for that. When FTP was first
developed, things like data encryption etc weren't even considered. What
was good for transferring a few files isn't necessary scalable!

In the same way that email was never intended for people to circulate
large attachments - but that doesn't stop them from doing it now.
--
"There are times when all the world's asleep
- the questions run too deep for such a simple man.

Marian Aldenhövel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
>
>> transfering large numbers of files.
>

> It is topped by using nntp, aka binary newsgroups.
>
> First you bloat the data to 4/3 the size. Then you blindly replicate
> it across hundreds to thousands of sites not knowing where possibly
> interested clients might be located.
>
> :-).
>
> Ciao, MM

......And then I can only download it with a rock-solid 200K connection,
as opposed to 1-100K with BT/FTP/Kazaa/etc, when I can actually connect
P2P. Boo friggin hoo!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

* Dead_Dad Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> Marian Aldenhövel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > FTP is probably the worst possible protocol for
>>
>>> transfering large numbers of files.
>>

>> It is topped by using nntp, aka binary newsgroups.
>>
>> First you bloat the data to 4/3 the size. Then you blindly
>> replicate it across hundreds to thousands of sites not knowing
>> where possibly interested clients might be located.
>>
>> :-).
>>
>> Ciao, MM
>
> .....And then I can only download it with a rock-solid 200K
> connection, as opposed to 1-100K with BT/FTP/Kazaa/etc, when I can
> actually connect P2P. Boo friggin hoo!

I missed the sentiment here, are you FOR BT et all or against? If you
are having problems connectiong or achieiving high dl rates with p2p
or BT clients you have config issues.

If I missed your point, ignore me ;)

--
David
February 22, 2005 5:28:08 AM

Sad seem no body want to help me :(

so I want to PSP and find mame rom update 91 to 92 ( 265 mb ) believe me it
bloody long day anyway did some update roms and I can't believe KOF2002,
ROTD, MATRIM are includes woohoo :D  that ready to play :D

Want my roms ? no way FIND YOUR OWN WAY!!!!

GRRRR

:p
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:15:47 PM

Wesley wrote:
> Sad seem no body want to help me :(
>
> so I want to PSP and find mame rom update 91 to 92 ( 265 mb )
> believe me it bloody long day anyway did some update roms and I
> can't believe KOF2002, ROTD, MATRIM are includes woohoo :D  that ready
> to play :D
>
> Want my roms ? no way FIND YOUR OWN WAY!!!!
>
> GRRRR
>
> :p

1) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk
2) Sign up
3) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk/torrents.php
4) Choose Category 'MAME' & click search
5) Click on the disk icon beside 'MAME v0.92 Romset (Mamezipped)'
(to d/l the .torrent)
6) In TorrentStorm ( www.torrentstorm.com ) point the file to your MAME
directory
8) Repeat from 5 for 'MAME v0.92 Extras Complete'
9) Wait up to a week for the torrents to update your MAME setup (It's
worth it, /believe/ me!)
10) The next time MAME updates, get the ROMs & extras - only the changed
Roms, etc. will d/l. (The last update only took overnight.)

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

> 1) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk
> 2) Sign up
> 3) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk/torrents.php
> 4) Choose Category 'MAME' & click search
> 5) Click on the disk icon beside 'MAME v0.92 Romset (Mamezipped)'
> (to d/l the .torrent)
> 6) In TorrentStorm ( www.torrentstorm.com ) point the file to your MAME
> directory
> 8) Repeat from 5 for 'MAME v0.92 Extras Complete'
> 9) Wait up to a week for the torrents to update your MAME setup (It's
> worth it, /believe/ me!)
> 10) The next time MAME updates, get the ROMs & extras - only the changed
> Roms, etc. will d/l. (The last update only took overnight.)
>

> --
> Thnik about it!
> Dead_Dad

I tried this method, but received an error at step 5 saying I am not
authorized to download (even though I am logged in). Any suggestions?
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 9:31:37 AM

David wrote:
>>1) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk
>>2) Sign up
>>3) Go here: http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk/torrents.php
>>4) Choose Category 'MAME' & click search
>>5) Click on the disk icon beside 'MAME v0.92 Romset (Mamezipped)'
>> (to d/l the .torrent)
>>6) In TorrentStorm ( www.torrentstorm.com ) point the file to your MAME
>> directory
>>8) Repeat from 5 for 'MAME v0.92 Extras Complete'
>>9) Wait up to a week for the torrents to update your MAME setup (It's
>> worth it, /believe/ me!)
>>10) The next time MAME updates, get the ROMs & extras - only the changed
>> Roms, etc. will d/l. (The last update only took overnight.)
>>

>>--
>>Thnik about it!
>>Dead_Dad
>
> I tried this method, but received an error at step 5 saying I am not
> authorized to download (even though I am logged in). Any suggestions?

Two, actually. (Directly from Petr1fied's homepage)

Posted by: MisterWhite
Posted on: 26/02/2005 21:47
Title: Where Is The Shoutbox???

Basically we've removed it.

Why?

Because we have two much better methods of communication, over time the
Shoutbox had been warped into something it was never designed to be used
for.

If you do need help (or just fancy a natter) there are two better methods...

The forums which are full of helpful people willing to ask any questions
that need answering, plus a back catalogue of things that have already
been answered (which are easily searchable).
http://torrent.mametitles.co.uk/forum

Our IRC channel which is also usually full of helpful people who can
offer more immediate responses to any problems (found on
irc.foreverchat.net and by entering the #romtorrent channel).
http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/mameftpgroup/java/rt.htm

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

You're using Azerus 2.0.2.2 aren't you? Its banned from the tracker. Either
use another client (recommanded) or get the latest beta version of azerus
2.0.2.3(b39 or later).

Sixpax

!