i get blue screened every time i plug sandisk cruzer micro

i recently purchased a sandisk cruzer micro 256 wich is supposed to be xp
compatible. why is it when i plug it in , i get blue screened? i have xp up
to date. i even tried installing a usb 2.o driver but it does'nt seem to be
installed? anyone have had this problem and resolved it? any help will br
greatly appreciated...james

Take it back and try another brand.

These things are cheesy beyond belief and you may just
have gotten a bad one.

If it still does it with a different brand, THEN we can start
the surgery on your computer.

V Green wrote:
> Take it back and try another brand.
>
> These things are cheesy beyond belief and you may just
> have gotten a bad one.
>
> If it still does it with a different brand, THEN we can start
> the surgery on your computer.

For what it's worth, I've used the exact same model a couple of times with
no problems.

To the OP: What does the blue screen say? What's in your event logs?

> "jocpoo" <jocpoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> i recently purchased a sandisk cruzer micro 256 wich is supposed to
>> be xp compatible. why is it when i plug it in , i get blue screened?
>> i have xp up to date. i even tried installing a usb 2.o driver but
>> it does'nt seem to be installed? anyone have had this problem and
>> resolved it? any help will br greatly appreciated...james

Install your chipset drivers! This should provide Xp the required drivers
to access the motherboard drivers, including the USB ones.

If you have a VIA chipset based motherboard, you should also add the USB
filter drivers.