i get blue screened every time i plug sandisk cruzer micro

i recently purchased a sandisk cruzer micro 256 wich is supposed to be xp
compatible. why is it when i plug it in , i get blue screened? i have xp up
to date. i even tried installing a usb 2.o driver but it does'nt seem to be
installed? anyone have had this problem and resolved it? any help will br
greatly appreciated...james
3 answers Last reply
More about blue screened time plug sandisk cruzer micro

    Take it back and try another brand.

    These things are cheesy beyond belief and you may just
    have gotten a bad one.

    If it still does it with a different brand, THEN we can start
    the surgery on your computer.

    V Green wrote:
    > Take it back and try another brand.
    >
    > These things are cheesy beyond belief and you may just
    > have gotten a bad one.
    >
    > If it still does it with a different brand, THEN we can start
    > the surgery on your computer.

    For what it's worth, I've used the exact same model a couple of times with
    no problems.

    To the OP: What does the blue screen say? What's in your event logs?

    > "jocpoo" <jocpoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> i recently purchased a sandisk cruzer micro 256 wich is supposed to
    >> be xp compatible. why is it when i plug it in , i get blue screened?
    >> i have xp up to date. i even tried installing a usb 2.o driver but
    >> it does'nt seem to be installed? anyone have had this problem and
    >> resolved it? any help will br greatly appreciated...james

    Install your chipset drivers! This should provide Xp the required drivers
    to access the motherboard drivers, including the USB ones.

    If you have a VIA chipset based motherboard, you should also add the USB
    filter drivers.

    "jocpoo" <jocpoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i recently purchased a sandisk cruzer micro 256 wich is supposed to be xp
    > compatible. why is it when i plug it in , i get blue screened? i have xp
    > up
    > to date. i even tried installing a usb 2.o driver but it does'nt seem to
    > be
    > installed? anyone have had this problem and resolved it? any help will br
    > greatly appreciated...james

Sandisk Windows XP