Maximum size hdd windows xp supports?

Hi,
Does anyone know the maximum combinational size of hdd windows xp home and
professional supports?
Say for example I wanted to install four 300GB drives, so thats 1.2TB, would
windows xp support this size?
What if i set them up into two sets of RAID 0 pairs? 600GB+600GB
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about maximum size windows supports

    With 48 bit LBA, each drive could be very large, Google for
    "48 bit LBA ."

    Hard Disk capacities have encountered various barriers ever
    since they were designed. There have been at least 10 which
    have mostly been a result of BIOS or operating system
    issues. The most recent barrier of 137 gigabytes is due to
    the fact that the original interface design spec with only
    28 bits to address data on a disk simply does not have
    enough room for anything beyond 137 gigabytes. 48-bit
    Logical Block Addressing (LBA) is a technology which extends
    the capacity of IDE ATA/ATAPI devices beyond this limit of
    137.4 GB. This limit applies to IDE ATA/ATAPI devices only
    and not to SCSI interface devices. The actual limit with
    28-bits is a maximum of 268,435,456 sectors of 512 bytes of
    data or 137.4 gigabytes. With 48-bit addressing the limit is
    144 petabytes (144,000,000 gigabytes).

    --
    Merry Christmas
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year
    wrote in message
    | Hi,
    | Does anyone know the maximum combinational size of hdd
    windows xp home and
    | professional supports?
    | Say for example I wanted to install four 300GB drives, so
    thats 1.2TB, would
    | windows xp support this size?
    | What if i set them up into two sets of RAID 0 pairs?
    600GB+600GB
    | Any help is appreciated,
    | Thanks

    There's not a disk made that XP can't handle size wise. 1.2TB is no
    problem.

    "sounddezigns" <sounddezigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi,
    Does anyone know the maximum combinational size of hdd windows xp home and
    professional supports?
    Say for example I wanted to install four 300GB drives, so thats 1.2TB, would
    windows xp support this size?
    What if i set them up into two sets of RAID 0 pairs? 600GB+600GB
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks

Hard Drives Windows XP