ren

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2001

I just found out about this mame stuff a week ago. I was searching for
Crazy Climber and found out about MAME. I now would like to get more info
on this hobby.

What is the recommended computer hardware required?

Can I use 2 joysticks, trackball, light gun and buttons and still allow for
2 players? (remember that Crazy Climber requires 2 joysticks to operate the
game.

TIA!

--

REN

I would say that you need at lest a 800 MHz CPU and 256 MB of RAM...
What kind of Computer do you have now?

I would say that you need at lest a 800 MHz CPU and 256 MB of RAM...
What kind of Computer do you have now?

"REN" <burnaz-#-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in

> Can I use 2 joysticks, trackball, light gun and buttons and still allow
> for 2 players? (remember that Crazy Climber requires 2 joysticks to
> operate the game.

Sure. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to play 2-player co-op games
in Total Carnage or Smash TV. ;-) Also, games such as Heavy Barrel,
Vindicators, Forgotten Worlds and Guerilla War may be a bit annoying without
carefully planned controls.

syvyn11

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

"REN" <burnaz-#-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
> I just found out about this mame stuff a week ago. I was searching for
> Crazy Climber and found out about MAME. I now would like to get more info
> on this hobby.
>
> What is the recommended computer hardware required?
>
> Can I use 2 joysticks, trackball, light gun and buttons and still allow
for
> 2 players? (remember that Crazy Climber requires 2 joysticks to operate
the
> game.

It helps if you have a gravis gamepad pro. Just go into the options menu
while in game (pressing TAB) and alter controls with controls (this game)
and map the right joy stick with the four buttons on the left to mimic the
left joystick. It's a little tricky, but once you configure it, it is a
load of fun.