online healthy drive doesnt show up in "My Computer"

I am running XP pro. I have a Promise Ultra133 with 3 spanned drives
connected. When I reinstalled windows today I reinstalled the ultra133 driver
and as usual the drives showed up in Comp management as foreign. I clicked
"Import" and the status of the drives changed to "Online" and "healthy" the
problem is the spanned drive still doesnt show up in "My Computer" What could
cause this and how can I fix it.
I thought maybe the drive was unreadable or something so I tried starting a
defrag operation. It started fine and began moving files. Seems like the
system can see the drives and use them but it doesnt want me to use them :)

Duh. nevermind..assigned a drive letter and voila!

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well done!

Just a note to others that try to import a "foreign" disk (or array for that
matter) and it doesn't work. For some reason, Windows decides not to see the
mbr for the disk and won't import the disk, so with out this, the data is
there but it ain't.

If someone could post a fix for this dilemma? There was a tool from M$oft,
but I have forgotten it's name.