The application failed to initialize because the windows s..

Yeah, my CD Rom drive doesn't work. Thinking that's the least of my
worries since everything I try never works because "the Application
failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down".
Consequently, I can't download anything, fix anything, restore
anything. Is my computer toast?
judy

--
Judy

Judy wrote:
> Yeah, my CD Rom drive doesn't work. Thinking that's the least of my
> worries since everything I try never works because "the Application
> failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down".
> Consequently, I can't download anything, fix anything, restore
> anything. Is my computer toast?
> judy

Did you mean to reply to another message instead of creating a new one? It
isn't clear what you mean by you mean by "your CD rom doesn't work" or why
that's relevant here.

Is your computer actually shutting down without your requesting it?
If so, you may have a virus/worm - Blaster, Sasser, whatnot. More info
needed. Error messages pop up? Are you using your firewall (or are you
behind another one)? When was the last time you ran Windows Update?