Network 2 laptops wirelessly without access point

Sander

Is it possible to network 2 laptops that have a wifi card without a router
or access point? I've tried several different ways, but haven't been able to
make it work. I made them both Ad-Hoc, but they don't see a "network" since
there isn't an AP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This article should help you setup your AD-HOC network.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=trueHi

Robert...

"Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to network 2 laptops that have a wifi card without a router
> or access point? I've tried several different ways, but haven't been able
> to make it work. I made them both Ad-Hoc, but they don't see a "network"
> since there isn't an AP.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Hi

You did not indicated whether the laptops are also connecting to some thing
else.

So assuming that it is only two computers and may be Internet.

May be this can Help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
mspx?pf=trueHi

Jack (MVP-Networking).