Slow response time/freezing on WinXP with slave drive

AJ

I just recently installed Windows XP Home to a clean hard drive, and I then
attached as slave another 40 GB hard drive that I'd been using as storage on
my previous system. The previous OS was Win98 and it was run on a HD with
the 40GB drive as slave there too.

The problem I'm having now is that when I try to access the slave HD through
My Computer, it'll show me the folder list, and I can maybe get one or two
folders deep, then it freezes. It seems to be accessed fine from within
programs, but as soon as I try with My Computer, it hangs and I have to end
program.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Could it be related to
the fact that the slave was used with Win98 and is now slave to a WinXP HD?

Thanks for any help.

AJ

Check in your Event Viewer for clues, maybe the slave drive is failing.

start>run and type

eventvwr.msc

--
William