XP says "drive not ready" after burning

Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004

hello, i got a very strange problem. my LG DVD-ROM /CDRW
combo drive burns a disc with any application (nero,
winamp, etc) then after burning process is finished, i
can't read that burned CD, nor any other CD unless i go
to System Manager and disable then reenable the DVD-
ROM//CDRW combo drive

Why this could be happening??

Many thanks in advance.

Andreas

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

PEDRO schrieb in <17d501c4e60b$32efedb0$a601280a@phx.gbl> an
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware:

> hello, i got a very strange problem. my LG DVD-ROM /CDRW
> combo drive burns a disc with any application (nero,
> winamp, etc) then after burning process is finished, i
> can't read that burned CD, nor any other CD unless i go
> to System Manager and disable then reenable the DVD-
> ROM//CDRW combo drive
>
> Why this could be happening??
>
> Many thanks in advance.

i've had a similar problem. check the event viewer for something like
"The device disappeared from the system without first being prepared
for removal." i got it fixed by installing the latest drivers for my
chipset (intel 925x).

--
Andreas
(posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.0

I have the same type of a problem my drive D fails the same way but drive E
works fineid you ever get a fix thanks Paul