USB problem with old GA-5AA

Hi,

Running Win 2000 SP4 on rev 2.2 of this MOBO...

I have a Belkin F5U005 USB card and when I try to connect my ADSL modem it
will not work...

I've got all the latest BIOS and MOBO upgrades from Gigabyte, and the latest
drivers for the modem and I've tried the USB card in all the PCI slots...

To make matters worse, other USB devices (printer, SM card reader) all work
fine...

Any ideas?

TIA

--
Susan

"Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Running Win 2000 SP4 on rev 2.2 of this MOBO...
>
> I have a Belkin F5U005 USB card and when I try to connect my ADSL modem it
> will not work...
>
> I've got all the latest BIOS and MOBO upgrades from Gigabyte, and the
> latest drivers for the modem and I've tried the USB card in all the PCI
> slots...
> To make matters worse, other USB devices (printer, SM card reader) all
> work fine...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA

installed correctly?

http://search.belkin.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=161&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2Ecfg&host_id=42&page_id=5570816&query=F5U005%2A&hiword=F5U005%2A+

maybe try the modem on any 5AA port - not the Belkin card

"SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
> "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Running Win 2000 SP4 on rev 2.2 of this MOBO...
>>
>> I have a Belkin F5U005 USB card and when I try to connect my ADSL modem
>> it
>> will not work...
>>
>> I've got all the latest BIOS and MOBO upgrades from Gigabyte, and the
>> latest drivers for the modem and I've tried the USB card in all the PCI
>> slots...
>> To make matters worse, other USB devices (printer, SM card reader) all
>> work fine...
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>
> installed correctly?
>
> http://search.belkin.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=161&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2Ecfg&host_id=42&page_id=5570816&query=F5U005%2A&hiword=F5U005%2A+
>
> maybe try the modem on any 5AA port - not the Belkin card

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately the mobo hasn't got a USB riser
attached to the connector - any idea where I can get one of these that'll
fit?

--

> "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
>> "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Running Win 2000 SP4 on rev 2.2 of this MOBO...
>>>
>>> I have a Belkin F5U005 USB card and when I try to connect my ADSL modem
>>> it
>>> will not work...
>>>
>>> I've got all the latest BIOS and MOBO upgrades from Gigabyte, and the
>>> latest drivers for the modem and I've tried the USB card in all the PCI
>>> slots...
>>> To make matters worse, other USB devices (printer, SM card reader) all
>>> work fine...
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> installed correctly?
>>
>> http://search.belkin.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=161&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2Ecfg&host_id=42&page_id=5570816&query=F5U005%2A&hiword=F5U005%2A+
>>
>> maybe try the modem on any 5AA port - not the Belkin card
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply - unfortunately the mobo hasn't got a USB riser
> attached to the connector - any idea where I can get one of these that'll
> fit?

This one will do nicely!
Belkin USB 2-Port Motherboard Cable (F3U001EA)
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10278731&pid=45&tid=2

However, there are other shops offering the same for less money.
You will need a 2x 4pin mobo flat connector.
If it's a 2x 5-pin mobo connector dont worry! - just clip off the shield
pin.
Use a fine cutter if needed. Those 5 pin cables just add shield to support
USB 2.0 speeds