WinXP Pro SP2 and Hi-speed USB Controller

I did a fresh install of WinXP Pro with a slip-streamed SP2 CD. Something
is acting strange with my USB devices now. First, my digital camera
wouldn't upload pics until I loaded a Fujifilm USB driver. Never had to do
that before. Then I plug my Attache' USB memory stick in and get this
warning:

http://pages.sssnet.com/jimshu1/USB%20Driver.jpg

The memory stick works, but it does seem slower. Anybody know what happened
or what I need to do. One of the nice things about XP was that you could
plug almost any kind of USB device into it and presto, you were connected!

Thanks for any replies!

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:30:09 -0500, "jimshu1" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I did a fresh install of WinXP Pro with a slip-streamed SP2 CD. Something
>is acting strange with my USB devices now. First, my digital camera
>wouldn't upload pics until I loaded a Fujifilm USB driver. Never had to do
>that before. Then I plug my Attache' USB memory stick in and get this
>warning:
>
>http://pages.sssnet.com/jimshu1/USB%20Driver.jpg
>
>The memory stick works, but it does seem slower. Anybody know what happened
>or what I need to do. One of the nice things about XP was that you could
>plug almost any kind of USB device into it and presto, you were connected!
>
>Thanks for any replies!

Did you install the USB drivers that might be necessary? I know that for
my USB 2.0 ports to work as 2.0 ports that I need to install some drivers
that came with my motherboard.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

My MB is an ASUS P4C800E Deluxe. I installed the Intel chipset drivers and
thought that is all I need to do. Thanks.