IPAQ 4150 - PPC2003 missing file

July 11, 2004 4:12:30 AM

Hello,

I wanted to use the infrared interface on this PDA but PPC2003 came with a
msg that the file 'irsquirt' is missing. Somehow it got lost (maybe per
accident deleted) and now the infrared cant be used anymore.
I've searched everywhere on the device but cant find the file. Does someone
know where i can get this file or can someone send it to me?

Thanks alot!

Al
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:39:10 PM

Are you trying to use an application to transfer this file? I think it's
used by VB applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"The Al Bundy" <the_al_bundy@*^no-spam!^*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to use the infrared interface on this PDA but PPC2003 came with a
> msg that the file 'irsquirt' is missing. Somehow it got lost (maybe per
> accident deleted) and now the infrared cant be used anymore.
> I've searched everywhere on the device but cant find the file. Does
someone
> know where i can get this file or can someone send it to me?
>
> Thanks alot!
>
> Al

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:39:11 PM

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote
> Are you trying to use an application to transfer this file? I think it's
> used by VB applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

Yes, as far as I saw it is for VB programs. I'm trying to make a connection
to a mobile phone, but the 'irsquirt' is missing.

Any idea where I can get this file? On the link you gave a .exe (zip) can be
downloaded, but there is not such file in it.

Thank you!
Al
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:39:12 PM

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote
> > Are you trying to use an application to transfer this file? I think it's
> > used by VB applications

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

> Yes, as far as I saw it is for VB programs. I'm trying to make a
connection
> to a mobile phone, but the 'irsquirt' is missing.
>
> Any idea where I can get this file? On the link you gave a .exe (zip) can
be
> downloaded, but there is not such file in it.
>
> Thank you!
> Al

The Visual basic runtime is on the MS site, search for it. The link has been
posted before so you may be able to get it from the newsgroup archives.
!