Hauppauge trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbelk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Anybody found a way to get around the Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23XXX) problem where the card wont work with with Windows 7 64-bit and more than 4 GIG's of RAM? This is getting really frustrating and Hauppauge refuses to help/ They just keep chantung that I have to remove some RAM from my system. This is NOT an option.

Solution
Can't help you with your problem, I'm afraid, but I've found that my Hauppauge HVR-2250 card works just fine with Windows Media Centre on my 12GB 64-bit Windows-7 Ultimate system.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Not a solution, but a suggestion: Send this to Hauppauge:
--------------------------------------------------
Dear Sirs,

I have recently purchased one of your Hauppauge WinTV PCI Tuners, which is not functioning properly on my computer, which is running Windows 7 64-bit with <insert amount of ram here> of RAM.
I previously attempted to get assistance from your company, but was told that my system actually had too much RAM to work with this tuner, and was advised to remove it in order to solve this problem. This is no excuse for having received a device which does not work the way it was advertised. I will ask once more whether or not there is anything that can be done to rectify this situation. If you are going to tell me that my computer's hardware setup is the problem and that your tuners only function under very, very specific scenarios, then I will be taking my business elsewhere for future needs.
Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------
:D
Companies don't typically enjoy hearing from me, as you can probably tell.

As for an actual suggestion? I really don't have one. I can only think of what is probably causing this, but as far as I can see, there isn't any real way to 'fix' it. I'll look into it for you, though, and keep you updated if I find anything...

paulbelk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Well, that might have worked if I hadn't bought it about 4 years ago. I don't think they're willing to be duped that easily.

I'm ready to just say screw it and just buy a new one.

Any suggestions on what would be the best tuner card out there for my needs. There are a lot of opinions on cards but i'm looking for some suggestions that are a little more tailored to my needs.

I want:
Dual Digital tuner
FM Radio
PCI Slot (not PCI-E) or external. At this point I don't really care if it's in the box or not.

My setup that matters is as follows:
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
6 GIG's Ram. (will be going to 8 soon).
Comcast Cable.

I don't know if anything else matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.