I removed a modem using device manager and I thought if you did it that way
it removed the drivers for the device. If I look in
C:\Windows\system32\drivers it still shows drivers for the modem. I was
wondering if I could delete the drivers or will it cause problems.

peter

you remove the drivers under control panel/add&remove
peter