GA-K8NF-9 and Bios update to GA-K8NF9 F2

The program Easytunes5 would work on this new motherboard. The CPU is an
AMD 64 4000+. I contacted the Gigabyte support desk and they told me to
download the updated Bios GA-K8NF9 F2 which I did. Everything work
including the easytune5 but my Nvidia network controller failed to
established a tcp connection. I rechecked the updated bios and hit
Ctrl +F1 to see the advanced settings and the Nvidia network controller
was enabled. All the led's on the router were lit as well and windows xp
professional sd that the driver was operating ok, but still no tcp
connection.
Finally I flashed the bios back to the original bios GA-K8NF9 F1 and
everything worked including the NVIDIA network controller but of course
the program Easytune 5 did not.
Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Tks
Al

Al Gerardi wrote:

> The program Easytunes5 would work on this new motherboard. The CPU is an
> AMD 64 4000+. I contacted the Gigabyte support desk and they told me to
> download the updated Bios GA-K8NF9 F2 which I did. Everything work
> including the easytune5 but my Nvidia network controller failed to
> established a tcp connection. I rechecked the updated bios and hit
> Ctrl +F1 to see the advanced settings and the Nvidia network controller
> was enabled. All the led's on the router were lit as well and windows xp
> professional sd that the driver was operating ok, but still no tcp
> connection.
> Finally I flashed the bios back to the original bios GA-K8NF9 F1 and
> everything worked including the NVIDIA network controller but of course
> the program Easytune 5 did not.
> Has anybody else experienced this issue?
>
> Tks
> Al
Update
Sorry my original complaint was that Easytune5 WOULD NOT WORK.

Al

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

You are better off not using easy tune or the windows based bios updater
(@bios?).
The former will never give you noticeable performance boost, just some
larger numbers that make you think your system is running faster. 5% will
never be noticed by a user.
Further, last I looked, easytune requires Admin privileges to run. You
should not run your system as Admin - you are throwing out security if you
do.
@bios is risky at the best of times. Many people have trashed their
motherboards (many makes and models) by using such programs.

"Al Gerardi" <agerardi@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Al Gerardi wrote:
>
>> The program Easytunes5 would work on this new motherboard. The CPU is an
>> AMD 64 4000+. I contacted the Gigabyte support desk and they told me to
>> download the updated Bios GA-K8NF9 F2 which I did. Everything work
>> including the easytune5 but my Nvidia network controller failed to
>> established a tcp connection. I rechecked the updated bios and hit
>> Ctrl +F1 to see the advanced settings and the Nvidia network controller
>> was enabled. All the led's on the router were lit as well and windows xp
>> professional sd that the driver was operating ok, but still no tcp
>> connection.
>> Finally I flashed the bios back to the original bios GA-K8NF9 F1 and
>> everything worked including the NVIDIA network controller but of course
>> the program Easytune 5 did not.
>> Has anybody else experienced this issue?
>>
>> Tks
>> Al
> Update
> Sorry my original complaint was that Easytune5 WOULD NOT WORK.
>
> Al

Tks for the reply. Good point about running as Admin.....

Al