  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2005 2:30:38 PM

How long can new mobo sit in the box before the battery goes dead. Would it
be better if stored for an extended period of time to remove the battery?
Would the bios be OK when put back in. (No upgrades)

Rudy

More about : unused

January 13, 2005 12:38:51 PM

Rudy Kube wrote:
> How long can new mobo sit in the box before the battery goes dead. Would it
> be better if stored for an extended period of time to remove the battery?
> Would the bios be OK when put back in. (No upgrades)
>
> Rudy

You would lose any custom settings, BIOS would revert to default for WHATEVER version is currently loaded. I've got computers I bought back in the mid 90s & the batteries are still good. I can't see how it would hurt the modo in storage, basically the same as it would be sitting in a case. Couldn't hurt to remove it I guess, if it was me I'd probably lose it!

Rick
!