strange key stroke

In place of alphabet k, - (hyphen) is typed in the monitor. Keyboard is
alright as it works properly with other pc's.
Any keyboard attached to this pc types - (hyphen) instead of k, which shows
that problem is not keyboard but something else.
what is the problem and how can it be tackled.
I did post earlier also but did not receive satisfactory answer.
TIA.

Jagdish Chandra wrote:
> In place of alphabet k, - (hyphen) is typed in the monitor. Keyboard is
> alright as it works properly with other pc's.
> Any keyboard attached to this pc types - (hyphen) instead of k, which shows
> that problem is not keyboard but something else.
> what is the problem and how can it be tackled.
> I did post earlier also but did not receive satisfactory answer.
> TIA.

Have you checked to Control Panel's Region and Language settings to
ensure that the correct input language for your locale is selected?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Checked Control Panel's Region and Language settings. It is correctly set @
English (united states).
The letter (k) comes out correctly when on screen keyboard is used. the
problem occurs only with the actual keyboard.
Any other suggestion will be of great help to me.
TIA.