I have a win me on my old computer. I now have an xp pro box but after a move
cannot find my original software. Is there a possibility of slaving the 98
drive and being able to access the software since xp recognizes fat 32
drives? I know that trouble shooting an xp issue can usually be resolved by
slaving an xp harddrive on an xp system... Curious

Duh

XP will having no problem reading your fat32 disk. You will not however be
able to run or copy any programs from it with the exception of dos programs.

"DUH" <banspam@BAN.com> wrote in message
> XP will having no problem reading your fat32 disk. You will not however
be
> able to run or copy any programs from it with the exception of dos
programs.

The reason you will not be able to run most of the programs is that the
install program for the various programs copy part of their programs to the
Windows folder as well as place information into the registry and/or win and
system.ini files (for older windows programs). Without duplicating all that
information in your new XP install the programs won't run because they can't
find all of their "parts."