Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

KA-K8NS Ultra 939 Temps?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 5:30:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I just upgraded to this board and am stumped a bit by the temp reporting.
My CPU is about 35C which is about right (standard PIB cooling, case has
two intake and two exhaust 80mm fans as well as the PSU intake and exhaust
(Enermax 465).

Where I am stumped is that any monitor I use (SpeedFan, MBM, etc) reports
the other temp reading at 105C. There's just no way that's remotely right
.... but is there some formula to make it right? Or, is there some monitor
that will more accurately read temps? Or, do I have to buy a fan control
setup with display (Thermaltake, etc)?

Thanks!

More about : k8ns ultra 939 temps

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 5:30:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Johnny Canuck" <johnny.canuck@mapleleaf.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95DDBC499C7A7johnnycanuckmaplelea@64.59.144.76...
>I just upgraded to this board and am stumped a bit by the temp reporting.
> My CPU is about 35C which is about right (standard PIB cooling, case has
> two intake and two exhaust 80mm fans as well as the PSU intake and exhaust
> (Enermax 465).
>
> Where I am stumped is that any monitor I use (SpeedFan, MBM, etc) reports
> the other temp reading at 105C. There's just no way that's remotely right
> ... but is there some formula to make it right? Or, is there some monitor
> that will more accurately read temps? Or, do I have to buy a fan control
> setup with display (Thermaltake, etc)?
>
> Thanks!

I don't think the 35° C is right either. I wouldn't trust any of freebee
monitors on a new 64 bit board.

The only reliable temp is thc CPU temp found in the BIOS.

JPS
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 8:04:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote in
news:Q-udnZ50lKqn03rcRVn-vw@comcast.com:

>
> "Johnny Canuck" <johnny.canuck@mapleleaf.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns95DDBC499C7A7johnnycanuckmaplelea@64.59.144.76...
>>I just upgraded to this board and am stumped a bit by the temp
>>reporting.
>> My CPU is about 35C which is about right (standard PIB cooling, case
>> has two intake and two exhaust 80mm fans as well as the PSU intake
>> and exhaust (Enermax 465).
>>
>> Where I am stumped is that any monitor I use (SpeedFan, MBM, etc)
>> reports the other temp reading at 105C. There's just no way that's
>> remotely right ... but is there some formula to make it right? Or, is
>> there some monitor that will more accurately read temps? Or, do I
>> have to buy a fan control setup with display (Thermaltake, etc)?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I don't think the 35° C is right either. I wouldn't trust any of
> freebee monitors on a new 64 bit board.
>
> The only reliable temp is thc CPU temp found in the BIOS.
>
> JPS
>
>
>

Thanks JPS ... the 35C is the BIOS temp, that's why I trust it. Any idea
on the best way to pick up the other ones?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 12:28:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Johnny Canuck" <johnny.canuck@mapleleaf.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95DDD65A0B4F6johnnycanuckmaplelea@64.59.144.76...
> "jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote in
> news:Q-udnZ50lKqn03rcRVn-vw@comcast.com:
>
>>
>> "Johnny Canuck" <johnny.canuck@mapleleaf.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns95DDBC499C7A7johnnycanuckmaplelea@64.59.144.76...
>>>I just upgraded to this board and am stumped a bit by the temp
>>>reporting.
>>> My CPU is about 35C which is about right (standard PIB cooling, case
>>> has two intake and two exhaust 80mm fans as well as the PSU intake
>>> and exhaust (Enermax 465).
>>>
>>> Where I am stumped is that any monitor I use (SpeedFan, MBM, etc)
>>> reports the other temp reading at 105C. There's just no way that's
>>> remotely right ... but is there some formula to make it right? Or, is
>>> there some monitor that will more accurately read temps? Or, do I
>>> have to buy a fan control setup with display (Thermaltake, etc)?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> I don't think the 35° C is right either. I wouldn't trust any of
>> freebee monitors on a new 64 bit board.
>>
>> The only reliable temp is thc CPU temp found in the BIOS.
>>
>> JPS
>>
>>
>>
>
> Thanks JPS ... the 35C is the BIOS temp, that's why I trust it. Any idea
> on the best way to pick up the other ones?

Took a look around the web and found that Gigabyte didn't leave you much to
work with to accomplish what you want to do. Since I did not see EasyTune5
as part of the sofeware package I wonder if the board has a chip called
ITE8705F. If it is there, MBM should be able to read the CPU temp. diode
and the chips own temp- AKA system temp.
JPS.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 15, 2005 6:32:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote in
news:wfednSvV68WASnrcRVn-hQ@comcast.com:

>
> Took a look around the web and found that Gigabyte didn't leave you
> much to work with to accomplish what you want to do. Since I did not
> see EasyTune5 as part of the sofeware package I wonder if the board
> has a chip called ITE8705F. If it is there, MBM should be able to
> read the CPU temp. diode and the chips own temp- AKA system temp.
> JPS.
>
>
>
>

No, it came with EasyTune4 but I upgraded to ET5 and it only lists CPU
temp (at 37C) ... but it was MBM5 that was giving me the wacky 105C
reading so I'm giving up on that approach.

I bought a fan controller (Cooler Master Cooldrive 4) and I'll install
that instead. Any suggestions on where to put the "case" temp sensor?

Thanks again!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 15, 2005 6:32:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Johnny Canuck" <johnny.canuck@mapleleaf.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95DEC6B4BE120johnnycanuckmaplelea@64.59.144.76...
> "jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote in
> news:wfednSvV68WASnrcRVn-hQ@comcast.com:
>
>>
>> Took a look around the web and found that Gigabyte didn't leave you
>> much to work with to accomplish what you want to do. Since I did not
>> see EasyTune5 as part of the sofeware package I wonder if the board
>> has a chip called ITE8705F. If it is there, MBM should be able to
>> read the CPU temp. diode and the chips own temp- AKA system temp.
>> JPS.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> No, it came with EasyTune4 but I upgraded to ET5 and it only lists CPU
> temp (at 37C) ... but it was MBM5 that was giving me the wacky 105C
> reading so I'm giving up on that approach.
>
> I bought a fan controller (Cooler Master Cooldrive 4) and I'll install
> that instead. Any suggestions on where to put the "case" temp sensor?
>

> Thanks again!


Easy Tune4 lists both.
JPS
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2005 4:09:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> wrote in news:GJWdnRyduecbA3XcRVn-
qQ@comcast.com:


>
>
> Easy Tune4 lists both.
> JPS
>
>
>

Neither ET4 or 5 list a second temp for this particular motherboard, just
the CPU. MBM5 and SpeedFan list the wacky 100C+ temp that is obviously not
accurate.

I have put the fan controller and my temps seem right on. My CPU is
running at about 37C ... do you know what temp I need to worry at?

Thanks
!