DVD Drive not working

My DVD Drive was fine until I changed the drive letter from D to J (as I had
an application that would only load from drives A through D). Upon returning
the drive to D nothing plays, help please.
--
Routemaster of London's roads

I don't get it. If a piece of software will only (which I find hard to
believe) load from drives lettered from A to D, inclusive, why would you
rename your DVD drive to J:?

"Routemaster" <Routemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My DVD Drive was fine until I changed the drive letter from D to J (as I
had
> an application that would only load from drives A through D). Upon
returning
> the drive to D nothing plays, help please.
> --
> Routemaster of London's roads

BigJim

try going into device manager and remove the drive, then reboot and let
windows reinstall it.
"Routemaster" <Routemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My DVD Drive was fine until I changed the drive letter from D to J (as I
> had
> an application that would only load from drives A through D). Upon
> returning
> the drive to D nothing plays, help please.
> --
> Routemaster of London's roads

On the name front, E is my CD-RW which is fine and F,G,H and I are removable
media slots.
On the delete and re-load option I tried this, no good I am afraid. I have
also modified the registry upper and lower filter values, again no luck.
Perhaps it is a hardware fault, just weird that this occured after I renamed
the drive. Thanks both, any other advice?