Removing Programs on Windows XP

Hi I am trying to remove some programs that I no longer need and I receive
error messages basically that they can not be removed they are Anti-virus
porgrams that I downloaded from the internet and I can't get rid of them. The
programs are interfering with my current Anti- virus Software
--
Toni

How are you removing them?? Using Add/Remove Programs or just "deleting"
them???

"tonihubb" <auw89@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am trying to remove some programs that I no longer need and I receive
> error messages basically that they can not be removed they are Anti-virus
> porgrams that I downloaded from the internet and I can't get rid of them.
> The
> programs are interfering with my current Anti- virus Software
> --
> Toni

I am using Add/ Remove and as I do that both programs have error messages
such as can't remove program does not exist and the other says 16 sub bit
system I don't know what this is

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> How are you removing them?? Using Add/Remove Programs or just "deleting"
> them???
>
> "tonihubb" <auw89@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I am trying to remove some programs that I no longer need and I receive
> > error messages basically that they can not be removed they are Anti-virus
> > porgrams that I downloaded from the internet and I can't get rid of them.
> > The
> > programs are interfering with my current Anti- virus Software
> > --
> > Toni

If you can not remove a program, you could try re-installing it and then
removing it.

The 16 bit sub system is for programs that were written for Windows 3.0 --
3.11 and/or DOS.