System won't boot after sp2 install attempt

when I tried to update to SP 2 download failed like 3 times but went in the
4th. The system now gives me Boot Disk failure when I try and boot from the
hard drive with the SP2. When I use another drive with just XP (not even
SP1) it doesn't see the second HD so I can't format or repartition it that
way. When I try and reinstall XP onto the messed up drive "Can not access
drive" is whats listed on the screen where you select to creat or delete
partion.
Anyone know how to fix this issue????????
anyhelp would be great
1 answer Last reply
More about system boot install attempt

    Steve;
    Double check the jumpers, cables etc.
    Your hard drive may have chosen this time to fail.
    Go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and get their hard drive
    diagnostics.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I tried to update to SP 2 download failed like 3 times but went in
    > the
    > 4th. The system now gives me Boot Disk failure when I try and boot from
    > the
    > hard drive with the SP2. When I use another drive with just XP (not even
    > SP1) it doesn't see the second HD so I can't format or repartition it that
    > way. When I try and reinstall XP onto the messed up drive "Can not access
    > drive" is whats listed on the screen where you select to creat or delete
    > partion.
    > Anyone know how to fix this issue????????
    > anyhelp would be great

Boot Windows XP