Setting up boot config after removing two of three hard dr..

My computer is running great as is Windows XP Pro. What my problem is that I
have had two old IDE hard drives, 40Gb each that have run as my "C" and "D"
drives. I have installed a third "E" drive that is an ATA Serial 120Gb. I
have transfered all my files from "C" and "D" and disconnected "C" drive. I
fiinished transfer all files from "D" drive and the computer worked great as
I moved files around and restated the computer many time.
I finally finished with "D" drive and disconnected it but when I tried to
start the computer asked for a boot drive or a boot disk. I reconned "D"
drive and am running just fine.
QUESTION: How do I set the "E" drive up as the primary boot drive? It will
be the only drive I will have until I install a second ATA Serial drive next
year.

My computer is a personal built computer running a Pentium 4 2.8 Process.
1Gb of RAM, A GeForce 5600 Graphic Card, Creative Lab Sound System, A DVD/CD
combo burner and a DVD reader.

"BrianBP" <BrianBP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is running great as is Windows XP Pro. What my problem is
that I
> have had two old IDE hard drives, 40Gb each that have run as my "C" and
"D"
> drives. I have installed a third "E" drive that is an ATA Serial 120Gb.
> have transfered all my files from "C" and "D" and disconnected "C" drive.
> fiinished transfer all files from "D" drive and the computer worked great
as
> I moved files around and restated the computer many time.
> I finally finished with "D" drive and disconnected it but when I tried to
> start the computer asked for a boot drive or a boot disk. I reconned "D"
> drive and am running just fine.
> QUESTION: How do I set the "E" drive up as the primary boot drive? It
will
> be the only drive I will have until I install a second ATA Serial drive
next
> year.
>
> My computer is a personal built computer running a Pentium 4 2.8 Process.
> 1Gb of RAM, A GeForce 5600 Graphic Card, Creative Lab Sound System, A
DVD/CD
> combo burner and a DVD reader.

Depending on how you copied your files from C: to E:, it is highly
unlikely that you copied the lot. You probably missed many
hidden files and locked files. You also did not copy the WinXP
boot sector and the Master Boot Record. Lastly, the main
partition on your new disk is probably not set to "active".

In other words, you cannot copy Windows the way you did
it. You need an imaging program such as DriveImage from
PowerQuest.