MVP for System Builders?

Why is it that the product groups get to have all of the fun? I see MVPs all
the time for XP and for Server and for IIS and for SQL, but where are the
MVPs for System Builders? They tell me there cannot be an MVP group for a
"Program", only for products because there would not be enough to offer
either side in the relationship.

Dang it...I say that is not true. I can think of many ways in which a MVP
program could be beneficial to both Microsoft and to the System Builders
involved.

Maybe we should just create a group called System Builder MVPs and prove
that we are a "worthy" group...

Before I give my ideas as to what would be involved in this give-and-take
relationship, what are your thoughts? If you were an MVP, what would you
expect to get from Microsoft and what should you be expected to do in turn?

(Note - There are no dumb ideas here, only dumb people...wait, that doesn't
sound right...<big grin>)

--
Steve Winfield
National SB Tech Manager (aka BOB)

***E-mail: BOBTalk@microsoft.com***
*** Web: oem.microsoft.com/BOB***

Are you suggesting a completely different newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.oem.systembuilders or something to that effect? Or do
you intend to have the hardware newsgroup as a subpart of the MVP for
System Builders program? Also, I believe that the rewards and
requirements should be the same as that of the other MVP programs. Just
my opinion ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)

Steve Winfield [MSFT] wrote:
> Why is it that the product groups get to have all of the fun? I see MVPs all
> the time for XP and for Server and for IIS and for SQL, but where are the
> MVPs for System Builders? They tell me there cannot be an MVP group for a
> "Program", only for products because there would not be enough to offer
> either side in the relationship.
>
> Dang it...I say that is not true. I can think of many ways in which a MVP
> program could be beneficial to both Microsoft and to the System Builders
> involved.
>
> Maybe we should just create a group called System Builder MVPs and prove
> that we are a "worthy" group...
>
> Before I give my ideas as to what would be involved in this give-and-take
> relationship, what are your thoughts? If you were an MVP, what would you
> expect to get from Microsoft and what should you be expected to do in turn?
>
> (Note - There are no dumb ideas here, only dumb people...wait, that doesn't
> sound right...<big grin>)

Hey Nathan,

I am suggesting the creation of a group of System Builders experts who are
willing to help other System Builders on their own System Builder focused
discussion group (a pilot newsgroup has been created under
COMMUNITY->NEWGROUPS->OTHER TOPICS).

I have posted here (as well as other newsgroups) because this is where
System Builders currently reside. I am hoping to spread the word that we
here at Microsoft are starting some new things to help System Builders, and
we are willing to listen to other ideas to make their lives easier and
businesses more successful.

Your ideas on rewards and requirements are duly noted. Thanks for the input.

If you, or someone you know, would be interested in helping out, then please
send an e-mail to BOBTalk@microsoft.com or visit the Sytem Builder newsgroup
on TechNet listed under OTHER TOPICS.

Thanks,
Steve