HDD SMART on GA-K8NS-939?

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Is there an HDD smart setting in the GA-K8NS-939 motherboard, FB? Because
when the system starts it shows it as disabled yet I can't find anywhere to
enable it in the bios.

Also will this motherboard accept different size memory modules? On my old
system I had 1 gig of ram (1x512meg stick (pc2100) and 2x256meg
stick(pc2700)), but the board won't accept 3 sticks so I had to settle for
the 2x256 sticks dual channel.

I thought of getting another 256 meg stick to go with the 512meg stick in
slot3&4 but the manual says something about having to use the same memory
size modules for the bios to detect it. can anyone clarify?

"Predator" <predator.this@predator.that> wrote in message
> Is there an HDD smart setting in the GA-K8NS-939 motherboard, FB? Because
> when the system starts it shows it as disabled yet I can't find anywhere
> enable it in the bios.
>
> Also will this motherboard accept different size memory modules? On my old
> system I had 1 gig of ram (1x512meg stick (pc2100) and 2x256meg
> stick(pc2700)), but the board won't accept 3 sticks so I had to settle for
> the 2x256 sticks dual channel.
>
> I thought of getting another 256 meg stick to go with the 512meg stick in
> slot3&4 but the manual says something about having to use the same memory
> size modules for the bios to detect it. can anyone clarify?

Try Ctrl F1 to get the expanded BIOS settings. That is how my mobo gets to
the SMART enabled.