re-boots after shutdown Command

After installing windows XP SP2 plus a CD/writer windows automaticaly
reboots when clicking on shutdown. This occurs only when ACPI is enabled.
There is no windows fault report at shutdown as I know this will cause a
reboot.

Can anyone help
Cheers, Trev

"t.robinson" <t.robinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> After installing windows XP SP2 plus a CD/writer windows automaticaly
> reboots when clicking on shutdown. This occurs only when ACPI is enabled.
> There is no windows fault report at shutdown as I know this will cause a
> reboot.

Many reasons and solutions are given here.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

If the CD writer software you installed is Roxio Easy CD, look up the
following text from the same link above and make the appropriate driver
upgrade.

"By now, the Roxio/Adeptec Easy CD / Direct CD software is well documented
as being the major cause of this undesirable shutdown behavior. SOLUTION:
Roxio has released new drivers to solve this problem in both the Platinum
and Basic editions of Easy CD Creator 5. As expected, at least half of the
Win XP shutdown problems went away with the release of these patches."

I hope it will help you.

Mark Delaney MCT

TRENDING THREADS