GA-K8NS skt 754 Windows ME and unknown device

Fresh install of ME and i have an unknown device listed in device
manager....all other drivers seem to load ok and devices are all
working...
viewing devices by connection shows it to be a system device
anyone seen this before??
any clues as to what it might be??
thanks
relloman

just check what doesnt work

"rello" <relloman@beasty.com> wrote in message
> Fresh install of ME and i have an unknown device listed in device
> manager....all other drivers seem to load ok and devices are all
> working...
> viewing devices by connection shows it to be a system device
> anyone seen this before??
> any clues as to what it might be??
> thanks
> relloman

as i said everything seems to work ok video, audio , modem
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:40:13 +1100, "Blaedmon" <ass@beamer.com> wrote:

>just check what doesnt work
>
>"rello" <relloman@beasty.com> wrote in message
>> Fresh install of ME and i have an unknown device listed in device
>> manager....all other drivers seem to load ok and devices are all
>> working...
>> viewing devices by connection shows it to be a system device
>> anyone seen this before??
>> any clues as to what it might be??
>> thanks
>> relloman

relloman

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:13:08 GMT, relloman@beasty.com (rello) wrote:

>Fresh install of ME and i have an unknown device listed in device
>manager....all other drivers seem to load ok and devices are all
>working...
>viewing devices by connection shows it to be a system device
>anyone seen this before??
>any clues as to what it might be??
>thanks
>relloman
disabled the raid in bios and unknown device is gone

relloman

Well, I was about to say that I bet it's the RAID controller. And it is. But
you know that now ;-) If you want to use it apply the driver from the MOBO
CD via the device properties in device manager. Etc...

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:13:08 GMT, relloman@beasty.com (rello) wrote:
>
> >Fresh install of ME and i have an unknown device listed in device
> >manager....all other drivers seem to load ok and devices are all
> >working...
> >viewing devices by connection shows it to be a system device
> >anyone seen this before??
> >any clues as to what it might be??
> >thanks
> >relloman
> disabled the raid in bios and unknown device is gone
>
> relloman

TRENDING THREADS