  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 22, 2005 1:05:33 AM

I was hoping someone could tell me what they believe to be the best
front end for MAME. A lot of the MAME boards i've found are so ugly
and hard to navigate.

More about : frontend

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 7:30:33 AM

Ultrastyle is the best front end.

Just set the preference so that it opens up to your favorites and you
are alls set.

It is attractive, simple and completely hides the windows
environment...

And, best of all...

It is a clone of Ultracade, that snake's frontend.

kaptainsteve - http://www.swamp-ass.com
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:15:18 AM

"Zeitgeist" <SuperJordan@gmail.com> wrote in news:1109052333.892172.234430
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I was hoping someone could tell me what they believe to be the best
> front end for MAME. A lot of the MAME boards i've found are so ugly
> and hard to navigate.

I've been using Maximus Arcade in my MAME machine for a while now. Very
easy to set up, supports most major emulators for most major systems.
www.maximusarcade.com Free trial for 30 or 60 days, then it's $20 to reg.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

"Zeitgeist" <SuperJordan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I was hoping someone could tell me what they believe to be the best
> front end for MAME. A lot of the MAME boards i've found are so ugly
> and hard to navigate.

Best Front End : Mamewah

Runners Up & Honourable Mention : Game Launcher
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:27:59 PM

Zeitgeist wrote:
> I was hoping someone could tell me what they believe to be the best
> front end for MAME. A lot of the MAME boards i've found are so ugly
> and hard to navigate.

I use Linux on my arcade machine, and I found the best front-end to be
advanceMENU. I use it configured to display a large set of marquee
images; it looks great. You just use the joystick to move around the
field of marquee images, and hit a button to start the game you want.

It looks like this:
http://stealthboy.com/images/advmenu_screenshot.jpg

Simple, elegant.
February 22, 2005 8:25:42 PM

http://3darcade.mameworld.net/

--
David
Anonymous

"kaptainsteve" <hca@go.to> wrote in news:1109075433.857127.206880
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Ultrastyle is the best front end.

In case anybody (like myself) didn't know, UltraStyle can be found at
http://www.mameworld.net/ultrastyle/

Another slick-looking interface IMHO is GameEx, found at
http://tomspeirs.com/gameex/
!