HP 1000 photo color

I have been using my HP 1000 printer for 2 years no problems. I had to
replace my color cartridge so I had the cartridge refilled to save
money $20.00 vs $57.00. After only 2 months and very little printing
when I print from the internet or a photo all the color area prints in
pink and yellow. Is this an indication some of the colors have been
used up and I need to replace it again or is there another problem .
Guess it doesn't pay to try and save money
thanks

joel

foconnor@ns.sympatico.ca (Frances) wrote:

> I have been using my HP 1000 printer for 2 years no problems. I had to
> replace my color cartridge so I had the cartridge refilled to save
> money $20.00 vs $57.00. After only 2 months and very little printing
> when I print from the internet or a photo all the color area prints in
> pink and yellow. Is this an indication some of the colors have been
> used up and I need to replace it again or is there another problem .
> Guess it doesn't pay to try and save money
> thanks

You have me confused for good! Do you pay someone to do the refill for
you or you refill your own? because the refill costs most of us around $2-4
each when it costs you $20 (each or for the past 2 years?)

Ohhh.. I am guessing you mean you have problem with the refill cartridges?
Since you don't say you refilled them yourself, paid someone to refill for
you, or buying OEM catridges etc.. so I can only make wild guess base on the
problem.

If it only print Pink and Yellow, then it's possible that (1) other colors
are emptied (2) the catridges have air-bubble (3) the printer-head is bad
(clogged). Why the ink get emptied so quick? it's possible because (1) you
didn't fill those color (2) you didn't fill enough ink (3) each cartridge
can only be refilled for so many times (3-5 times) then you will have to
start with brand new cartridges, and start all over (4) if the cartridge has
anti-refill chip then you will have to have the chip RESET (you will have to
search for information).