How do I know if I have USB 2.0?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

My motherboard supports USB 2.0 but I am not sure
if the drivers are loaded correctly.

XP with SP2

I have an entry in the device manager "via usb enhanced host controller"

is that it?

TIA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I found this page with the answer and it is yes.

http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> My motherboard supports USB 2.0 but I am not sure
> if the drivers are loaded correctly.
>
> XP with SP2
>
> I have an entry in the device manager "via usb enhanced host controller"
>
> is that it?
>

> TIA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Yes,that's it.
Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and look in USB
Controllers at the bottom.
Look for 'Enhanced Host Controller' you have a USB 2.0.
The best way to get the latest driver is to visit the manufacturer's
site and download,install the driver.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Kenny S wrote:

> My motherboard supports USB 2.0 but I am not sure
> if the drivers are loaded correctly.
>
> XP with SP2
>
> I have an entry in the device manager "via usb enhanced host controller"
>
> is that it?
>

> TIA

Sandman

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Naaaaah.. If he is running XP, he doesn't need any other 3rd party driver
for USB 2.0....XP has 'em all covered.