Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

cordless mouse/keyboard

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:28:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Any suggestions on what's the best?

We've had two sets of Logitech Cordless MX Duo's and both have had issues.
The keyboard being the main unit with the problems. Even with fresh
batteries, the keyboard is losing contact with the wireless receiver that's
just 2 feet away and in direct line-of-site.

We were thinking about bluetooth, but I've never used a bluetooth device
before. Any suggestions? What's good, what's not?

Thanks...

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:32:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Mike Brearley wrote:
> Any suggestions on what's the best?
>
> We've had two sets of Logitech Cordless MX Duo's and both have had issues.
> The keyboard being the main unit with the problems. Even with fresh
> batteries, the keyboard is losing contact with the wireless receiver that's
> just 2 feet away and in direct line-of-site.
>


Is the kbd or the receiver on/near a metal surface?? Are there vertical metal
surfaces near by (e.g., computer case, printer, filing cabinet, etc) that can
cause multi-path interference?

I had problems once and I just raised the receiver an inch off a metal surface
and everything worked fine.

I've had a couple of Logitech wireless kbds and mice and all have been very
good.

/dan
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 5:51:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I've tried out the Microsoft wireless desktop elite for bluetooth and
Logitech dinovo bluetooth keyboard.

Overall, the Microsoft one is excellent and easy to install, the problem
that I find is that it only works under XP and thats it! Doesn't work in the
bios or dos etc. So its handy to have a cheap backup keyboard if you like to
dabble! Funky blue and the batteries last about a month, thats with a fair
bit of use.

The logitech one supports everything runs in and out of XP. Has a better
build, feels like a laptop keyboard, nice and soft to touch. The only
problem was the drivers, it didn't like any previous Logitech cordless
drivers. Couldn't get them uninstalled and didnt detect the new keyboard at
all. Solution was to reinstall XP from scratch. But other than that very
good! £140 approx. so a bit expensive but well worth it though. Batteries
last a bit longer with normal use. Very slim keyboard and mouse is very
similar to other models.

Regards
Simon Jefferies
mailto:simon[nospam]@cooltoolsonline.co.uk
-- remove [nospam] to email me --


"Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyNOSPAM@DONTDOIT.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23GY7euP6EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Any suggestions on what's the best?
>
> We've had two sets of Logitech Cordless MX Duo's and both have had issues.
> The keyboard being the main unit with the problems. Even with fresh
> batteries, the keyboard is losing contact with the wireless receiver
> that's just 2 feet away and in direct line-of-site.
>
> We were thinking about bluetooth, but I've never used a bluetooth device
> before. Any suggestions? What's good, what's not?
>
> Thanks...
>
> --
> Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
> were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
> lack of caffeine.
>
> Mike Brearley
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 5:51:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Does the receiver for the logitech accept all other Bluetooth devices? How
far is the range of the bluetooth? My computer is 8 feet from where the
keyboard is. Right now I have an extension for the logitech receiver so
that it's just 2 feet away. Will I need that with Bluetooth or can it be 8
feet away and not in line-of-site?

Thanks...

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley

"Simon Jefferies" <simon@cooltoolsonline.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o xs%23S8P6EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I've tried out the Microsoft wireless desktop elite for bluetooth and
> Logitech dinovo bluetooth keyboard.
>
> Overall, the Microsoft one is excellent and easy to install, the problem
> that I find is that it only works under XP and thats it! Doesn't work in
> the bios or dos etc. So its handy to have a cheap backup keyboard if you
> like to dabble! Funky blue and the batteries last about a month, thats
> with a fair bit of use.
>
> The logitech one supports everything runs in and out of XP. Has a better
> build, feels like a laptop keyboard, nice and soft to touch. The only
> problem was the drivers, it didn't like any previous Logitech cordless
> drivers. Couldn't get them uninstalled and didnt detect the new keyboard
> at all. Solution was to reinstall XP from scratch. But other than that
> very good! £140 approx. so a bit expensive but well worth it though.
> Batteries last a bit longer with normal use. Very slim keyboard and mouse
> is very similar to other models.
>
> Regards
> Simon Jefferies
> mailto:simon[nospam]@cooltoolsonline.co.uk
> -- remove [nospam] to email me --
>
>
> "Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyNOSPAM@DONTDOIT.hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:%23GY7euP6EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Any suggestions on what's the best?
>>
>> We've had two sets of Logitech Cordless MX Duo's and both have had
>> issues. The keyboard being the main unit with the problems. Even with
>> fresh batteries, the keyboard is losing contact with the wireless
>> receiver that's just 2 feet away and in direct line-of-site.
>>
>> We were thinking about bluetooth, but I've never used a bluetooth device
>> before. Any suggestions? What's good, what's not?
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>> --
>> Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
>> were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
>> lack of caffeine.
>>
>> Mike Brearley
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 12:31:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

It should do as it seems to be set to scan for all devices every couple of
minutes. I had problems with the Microsoft hub not wanting to connect to my
Sony Mobile.

On the Logitech web site it says "long range"? Usually they are around 9
feet i think and i dont think it has to be line of site - you would get a
better answer if you put a post on their forum.

Hope this helps,
Simon.

"Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyNOSPAM@DONTDOIT.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:edxbByQ6EHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Does the receiver for the logitech accept all other Bluetooth devices?
> How far is the range of the bluetooth? My computer is 8 feet from where
> the keyboard is. Right now I have an extension for the logitech receiver
> so that it's just 2 feet away. Will I need that with Bluetooth or can it
> be 8 feet away and not in line-of-site?
>
> Thanks...
>
> --
> Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
> were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
> lack of caffeine.
>
> Mike Brearley
>
> "Simon Jefferies" <simon@cooltoolsonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:o xs%23S8P6EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> I've tried out the Microsoft wireless desktop elite for bluetooth and
>> Logitech dinovo bluetooth keyboard.
>>
>> Overall, the Microsoft one is excellent and easy to install, the problem
>> that I find is that it only works under XP and thats it! Doesn't work in
>> the bios or dos etc. So its handy to have a cheap backup keyboard if you
>> like to dabble! Funky blue and the batteries last about a month, thats
>> with a fair bit of use.
>>
>> The logitech one supports everything runs in and out of XP. Has a better
>> build, feels like a laptop keyboard, nice and soft to touch. The only
>> problem was the drivers, it didn't like any previous Logitech cordless
>> drivers. Couldn't get them uninstalled and didnt detect the new keyboard
>> at all. Solution was to reinstall XP from scratch. But other than that
>> very good! £140 approx. so a bit expensive but well worth it though.
>> Batteries last a bit longer with normal use. Very slim keyboard and mouse
>> is very similar to other models.
>>
>> Regards
>> Simon Jefferies
>> mailto:simon[nospam]@cooltoolsonline.co.uk
>> -- remove [nospam] to email me --
>>
>>
>> "Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyNOSPAM@DONTDOIT.hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:%23GY7euP6EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Any suggestions on what's the best?
>>>
>>> We've had two sets of Logitech Cordless MX Duo's and both have had
>>> issues. The keyboard being the main unit with the problems. Even with
>>> fresh batteries, the keyboard is losing contact with the wireless
>>> receiver that's just 2 feet away and in direct line-of-site.
>>>
>>> We were thinking about bluetooth, but I've never used a bluetooth device
>>> before. Any suggestions? What's good, what's not?
>>>
>>> Thanks...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
>>> were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or
>>> my lack of caffeine.
>>>
>>> Mike Brearley
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!