Leaking Capacitor Problems Still?

Can anyone tell me if GB have overcome the leaking capacitor problem yet in
their motherboards?
Are they using good quality Japanese capacitors now? I've emailed them 3
times and they have refused to answer.
Their web site makes no mention of the issue at all. Its as if they are
ignoring the problem and are hoping everyone will go away. Any info would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gazza

"GARY MITCHELL" <gkm@gkm.com.au> wrote in message

> Can anyone tell me if GB have overcome the leaking capacitor problem yet
> in
> their motherboards?
> Are they using good quality Japanese capacitors now? I've emailed them 3
> times and they have refused to answer.
> Their web site makes no mention of the issue at all. Its as if they are
> ignoring the problem and are hoping everyone will go away. Any info would
> be appreciated.

I thought the leaky-capacitor, Taiwan-scandal issue had been resolved over a
year ago. I also had never heard of Gigabyte implicated in the scandal,
although IBM, Abit, and many others were implicated in it--Abit being the
only one I know of that admitted there was a problem.

It was an industry-wide problem several years ago and Abit, for one, had a
good replacement policy. I also replaced the caps on at least two mobos,
one having been sold and the other still running today on this network.

Anyway, if you have an old mobo that is out of warranty and you want to
revive it, check out this site:

http://motherboardrepair.com/