SMS between carriers

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 10, 2004 8:08:41 PM

When I sent someone on Sprint a text message from Cingular, it all worked
OK. When they replied, I got the reply, but on their end they got a failure
message. So they kept trying and I kept getting more copies until I called
them back to let them know they were flooding me!

Anyway, is SMS supposed to generally work correctly between different
carriers or is a case of it might or might not?

More about : sms carriers

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 9:15:11 PM

"DougG" <gordonwd.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| When I sent someone on Sprint a text message from Cingular, it all worked
| OK. When they replied, I got the reply, but on their end they got a
failure
| message. So they kept trying and I kept getting more copies until I called
| them back to let them know they were flooding me!
|
| Anyway, is SMS supposed to generally work correctly between different
| carriers or is a case of it might or might not?

SMS should work properly cross carrier without a hitch.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 12:51:03 AM

Most SMS between carriers is handled by a clearing house owned by
Verisign/Medcalf. They have their outages and problems like all companies.
They also have scheduled maintenance overnight. To correct the problem you
will need to record the facts (date times sending/rcving MINs etc and be
prepared to open a ticket with BOTH carriers and meet somewhere in the
middle.

It ain't Rocket Surgery but it has its problems.

!