Had IE 8 now I don't.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

babiesis67

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Being on Win7, I got some junk on my computer, ran Malware, somewhere along the way I got my IE8 deleted. Now I'm reading everywhere that IE8 is not compatible with Win7. Any way I can restore my computer to IE8? Any help will be greatly appreciated....:)

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Heres my suggestion, Download either firefox or Google chrome... They are much better....

But that doesnt't answer your question.

to get ie back, you have to download it and install it like any other program. Use a flash drive and another computer if you have too.

http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

One of those should work for you. If not, you can either try IE9 beta(which I highly reccomend if you want to stick to ie) or you can reinstall windows, or restore to a previous point.

And for the world wide sites link, Use the windows vista link.

Alaskan_IT

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

Haha, just realized that my link did not make it in to my post. And yes, I very much agree, I would go with Firefox, but if you are stone cold IE8, go ahead. :)

I don't quite agree. I'm a long-time and very loyal FF supporter, and I have to admit I'm deeply impressed by IE9. It's fast, it feels very lightweight and snappy, and it looks gorgeous on Windows 7. I would happily use it every day.

The only thing to keep in mid here is that IE9 is still in beta, so data integrity and stability are not guaranteed.

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010

Have you seen benchmarks with ie9 and the other web browsers? Ie9 was much better than ie8, but its speed is still behind firefox and chrome. I'll admit it, It's better than ie8, but that's not exactly an accomplishment.

Speed alone does not a good browser make. Can anyone REALLY, with a clear conscience, claim that they can visually tell the difference between a browser that runs Sunspider in 300ms vs one that does it in 500? The top browsers are now so close in terms of speed, that it becomes almost useless to run a comparison. The real differentiators are features, usability, and stability.