Super wierd harddrive problem

Well, guys, I got a weird problem about harddrives here.
I got 2 harddrives, both western digital 80gb 8mb cache in RAID 0.
My RAID controller card is Adaptec 1200a, using Highpoint 370 a
maybe as the main chip.
OK, the problem is: when my harddrives are doing stuff, they
sometimes just freeze there. The HDD LED is ON all the time,
not like normally flashing. When u restart the system, it's working
again like nothing is wrong.
I tried new RAID drivers, Win xp sp2, just helpless.
Any help? Thanks in advance!

You installed xp after configuring both disks in the RAID configuration,then
pressing F6 to install drivers.If so,youll need the software/drivers for xp
from the mfg once xp is installed.Do both drives show in my computer,
if so,RAID 0 is not installed.