Enable DMA mode on my Hard Drive, currently set as PIO Mode

December 25, 2004 1:27:34 PM

I have a Shuttle SS51G V.2
P4 2.8 512DDR Ram
ATI All-N-Wounder 9800 Pro 256
I need to force my DMA mode how do you do this.
And get rid of PIO Mode.
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 11:55:25 PM

Delete the primary IDE controller in Device Manager and reboot.

Chad wrote:
> I have a Shuttle SS51G V.2
> P4 2.8 512DDR Ram
> ATI All-N-Wounder 9800 Pro 256
> I need to force my DMA mode how do you do this.
> And get rid of PIO Mode.

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 12:45:37 AM

Make very sure that IDE cable is of correct type, in good condition and has good electric contact.
--PA

!