FS: Perfect MAME XBOX console (128mb memory upgrade)

- v1.0 xbox
- Stock hard drive with:
Latest slayers install (EVOX, misc utils, XBMC - media streaming at
its best!)
MAME installed
GBA emulator installed
N64 Emulator installed
- Xecuter 2.6 modchip with latest Bios Installed
- 128 mb memory upgraded by professional installer (Yes!! Now your
mame/emulator games will run more efficiently than they would on a
stock 64mb machine, and linux will be more bearable as well)
- MCPX upgraded with heatsink for longer life
- Jewel replaced with (cheap) clear skull jewel
- 10 blue led's around jewel
- controller ports upgraded with bright blue LEDS (2 LEDS per port)
- Power/Eject upgraded with 1/2 blue 1/2 white leds (eject pcb has been
"fixed" due to bad traces, but I'll include a replacement with stock
color leds too)
- Samsung 605B dvd drive (best xbox drive out there for reading all
media types/backups)
- 1 Controller, 1 power cord, and 1 A/V cord

My cost breakdown:
- Refurb XBOX - $140 with tax
- 128mb upgrade - $80 + shipping
- Clear jewel - $10
- LEDs - $10
- Spare power/eject board - $15
- Xecuter 2.6 chip - $50
- Samsung Drive - $30-40 over the standard POS tommy drive that you end
up with if you buy a refurb
- MCPX heatsink - negligible
- Time to find and order parts, ship board for upgrades, install chip,
flash, load software, install dvd drive, cut case, mod leds - 3 or 4
hours minimum

That's a minimum of $335 to build (without labor)
I'll sell it as it is now for $365 + shipping.

If you want a bigger drive installed, lemme know and we can price that
out too.

If you wanna save a few bucks and remove unnecessary upgrades (No
LED/Case upgrades (standard power/eject board) & thompson dvd drive
instead of the samsung)
Then we can break it down as follows:
- XBox & cables - $140
- 128mb upgrade - $80
- Xecuter 2.6 - $50
Total cost to build (minus labor/searching/etc) - $270
Sell price - $300 + shipping

If performance isn't a concern and you REALLY want to slum it, I can
do:
- 1.1 refurbed xbox with stock hard drive, thompson dvd drive, and
cables (no memory upgrade) - $140
- TSOP flash with switch to allow switching between flashed and stock
BIOS (for xbox live) - $40
Loaded with all software discussed above for - $200 + shipping

My prices are firm, so don't bother trying to badger me about them. I
know that if you search around long enough, you can save a few bucks
here and there, but these are the prices I paid, and what I feel is
more than reasonable for my time. Anything less and it's not worth my
bother (maybe eventually I'll build a Xbox2Jamma adaptor or something
and toss these in a cabinet).

I Can take money order or PayPal (you're gonna hafta pay the paypal
fees too though).

You can check out my ebay feedback here -
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rtz
2 answers Last reply
More about perfect mame xbox console 128mb memory upgrade

    A couple of pictures (128mb led modded box is on top)

    http://www.oskyindians.com/stuff/mamebox1.jpg
    http://www.oskyindians.com/stuff/mamebox2.jpg

    thx

    Arcadefreaque wrote:

> [...]
    > do:
    > - 1.1 refurbed xbox with stock hard drive, thompson dvd drive, and
    > cables (no memory upgrade) - $140
    > - TSOP flash with switch to allow switching between flashed and stock
    > BIOS (for xbox live) - $40
    > Loaded with all software discussed above for - $200 + shipping
    >
    > My prices are firm, so don't bother trying to badger me about them. I
    > know that if you search around long enough, you can save a few bucks
    > here and there, but these are the prices I paid, and what I feel is
    > more than reasonable for my time. Anything less and it's not worth my
    > bother (maybe eventually I'll build a Xbox2Jamma adaptor or something
    > and toss these in a cabinet).
    >
    > I Can take money order or PayPal (you're gonna hafta pay the paypal
    > fees too though).
    >
    > You can check out my ebay feedback here -

    I'll even sweeten the pot a bit this week. I will install a SmartXX V2
    chip instead of the Executor 2.6. It's a much nicer chip indeed with
    more space for bios. I'll include a SmartXX cd with the xebian distro
    on it. AND I'll include the smartXX usb adaptor which will allow you to
    connect a usb keyboard to your new xbox for running linux!

Video Games