Partitioning new Hard-Disk

alex

I bought new Hard Disk 120GB and i want to divide it into 2 partitions. This
is not a system disk and i dont want to install WIndows on it. How do i do
this ?

Alex;
Use Disk Management:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Alex wrote:

>I bought new Hard Disk 120GB and i want to divide it into 2 partitions. This
>is not a system disk and i dont want to install WIndows on it. How do i do
>this ?

With it plugged in, in XP go to Control Panel - Admin Tools - Computer
Management, select Disk Management and look lower right for the graphic
of the drive.

You *may* find there is a partition already there - in that case r-click
and delete it. R-click in Unallocated space, Create partition of the
desired size for the first one following through to format it; repeat
for the second

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 01:08:42 -0700, "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
<jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote:

>Alex;
>Use Disk Management:
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

Only if you don't need FAT32 volumes over 32G, because that tool is
incompitent when it coms to creating these.

For a compitent tool, I'd go www.bootitng.com and after canceling
"install to HD?" I'd use that as a partitioning tool.

Proverbs Unscrolled #37
"Build it and they will come and break it"