problem microsoft digital media pro keyboard

Hello.

I'm having a strange problem using a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard on
a ASUS Notebook A3N running Windows XP Home Portuguese. The keyboard seems
ok and I can actually acess BIOS using this secondary USB keyboard. But
imediatelly after Windows XP Home starts I can no longer use the keyboard.

I have no problems using the same keyboard on another laptop (IBM R50)
running Windows XP Pro.

I tried installing the newest Microsoft's Intellitype software and looking
for keyloggers that could being intersecting data coming from the USB
keyboard with no success.

Can anybody help?

Rui São Pedro

Is your mouse working? Can you open device manager and see what happens with
the kbd? maybe remove and reinstall it?

"Rui São Pedro" wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having a strange problem using a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard on
> a ASUS Notebook A3N running Windows XP Home Portuguese. The keyboard seems
> ok and I can actually acess BIOS using this secondary USB keyboard. But
> imediatelly after Windows XP Home starts I can no longer use the keyboard.
>
> I have no problems using the same keyboard on another laptop (IBM R50)
> running Windows XP Pro.
>
> I tried installing the newest Microsoft's Intellitype software and looking
> for keyloggers that could being intersecting data coming from the USB
> keyboard with no success.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Rui São Pedro

Everything looks fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device for the keyboard and even the
usb port drivers.
Mouse, memory pen, etc, all work properly on the same USB ports.
The computers detects the keyboard and (seems to) install the correct
drivers.
I can see that the keyboard is powered (via usb) because the "F Lock Key"
can be lit and unlit, but other keys like "Caps Lock" and "Num Lock" will
cause absolutely no reaction.

Rui São Pedro

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
> Is your mouse working? Can you open device manager and see what happens
> with
> the kbd? maybe remove and reinstall it?
>
> "Rui São Pedro" wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm having a strange problem using a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard
>> on
>> a ASUS Notebook A3N running Windows XP Home Portuguese. The keyboard
>> seems
>> ok and I can actually acess BIOS using this secondary USB keyboard. But
>> imediatelly after Windows XP Home starts I can no longer use the
>> keyboard.
>>
>> I have no problems using the same keyboard on another laptop (IBM R50)
>> running Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> I tried installing the newest Microsoft's Intellitype software and
>> looking
>> for keyloggers that could being intersecting data coming from the USB
>> keyboard with no success.
>>
>> Can anybody help?
>>
>> Rui São Pedro

I finally found the culprit!

After uninstalling the wireless mouse special keys support software (called
"office center" if I'm not mistaken) the keyboard came alive at last and
works properly.