NIC no longer physically present

During an installation of a new soundcard I moved my NIC (an Intel pro100)
from one slot to another on my asus cusl2-c. It was of course detected as a
new device etc, the trouble is that the 'old device' still has the same IP
address, which I don't want to change, and the 'old' connection doesn't
appear anywhere that I can delete it.

The IP configuration complains that the 'new' NIC has the same address, but
it works OK. I should have unistalled it before moving it, but is there now
a way to tidy it up? There's only the one lan connection appearing in
Network Connections.

Thanks
Robert

This is only a warning so you can just live with it.
If you still want to tidy up, boot in safe mode.
Then you'll see the "zomby" card in device manager and remove it.
--PA