Audio Hardware not found?

I've been getting this message "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because
the required audio hardware cannot be found on your computer." I have been
using this program for many months and have never had this problem. I have an
important (at least to me) project underway, and need to get it working
again. What do I do>
1 answer Last reply
More about audio hardware found

    *K wrote:
    > I've been getting this message "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used
    > because the required audio hardware cannot be found on your
    > computer." I have been using this program for many months and have
    > never had this problem. I have an important (at least to me) project
    > underway, and need to get it working again. What do I do>

    You must know what sound card you have. Look on your receipt/invoice for
    the computer - ask the people you bought the system from, open it up and
    look, etc.

    There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have,
    but I think they all depend on a properly installed system - as I think they
    pull the information from the registry. Perhaps they do not - so I will
    recommend you try two different ones:

    EVEREST Home Edition
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

    Belarc Advisor
    http://belarc.com/free_download.html

    Once you know what you have, what next? Go get the latest driver for your
    hardware/OS from the manufacturer's web page. For example, let's say you
    have an NVidia chipset video card or ATI video card, perhaps a Creative
    Labs sound card or C-Media chipset sound card...

    NVidia Video Card Drivers

    ATI Video Card Drivers
    http://www.atitech.com/support/driver.html

    Creative Labs Sound Device
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

    C-Media Sound Device
    http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

    Good luck!

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Hardware Audio Windows Movie Maker Windows XP