Audio Hardware not found?

December 26, 2004 9:41:02 PM

I've been getting this message "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because
the required audio hardware cannot be found on your computer." I have been
using this program for many months and have never had this problem. I have an
important (at least to me) project underway, and need to get it working
again. What do I do>

More about : audio hardware found

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 11:46:02 PM

*K wrote:
> I've been getting this message "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used
> because the required audio hardware cannot be found on your
> computer." I have been using this program for many months and have
> never had this problem. I have an important (at least to me) project
> underway, and need to get it working again. What do I do>

You must know what sound card you have. Look on your receipt/invoice for
the computer - ask the people you bought the system from, open it up and
look, etc.

There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have,
but I think they all depend on a properly installed system - as I think they
pull the information from the registry. Perhaps they do not - so I will
recommend you try two different ones:

EVEREST Home Edition
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang...

Belarc Advisor
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Once you know what you have, what next? Go get the latest driver for your
hardware/OS from the manufacturer's web page. For example, let's say you
have an NVidia chipset video card or ATI video card, perhaps a Creative
Labs sound card or C-Media chipset sound card...

NVidia Video Card Drivers

ATI Video Card Drivers
http://www.atitech.com/support/driver.html

Creative Labs Sound Device