GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev.2) + Sempron 2400+

Hello all,

We have a bran new GA-7N400 Pro2 in use together with a Sempron 2400.
Now it seems, that the autodection of the board doesn't work well
together with the Sempron. Actually identifys the CPU as AthlonXP and
runs it on only 1GHz instead of 1,667GHz.
Maybe someone could help, how to set it to the correct frequency? Maybe
we have to set the Clock-Ration manually? But I have no idea wich value
would be right. Or schould we try a BIOS-update?

greetings,
Benjamin

Hi,

Benjamin Neu wrote:

> would be right. Or schould we try a BIOS-update?

If the BIOS is lower than version FH you should do it. If it's FH, FI,
FJ or FK the CPU should be recognized.

Have vou set CLK_SW to ON and CLK_RATIO to AUTO?

Bye
Marcus

Marcus Lungarotti wrote:
> If the BIOS is lower than version FH you should do it. If it's FH, FI,
> FJ or FK the CPU should be recognized.
>
> Have vou set CLK_SW to ON and CLK_RATIO to AUTO?
>
> Bye
> Marcus

Yes, it was the default and I saw no reason to change it :)

bye
Benjamin

I have the same board and the default setting for the clk switch is off not
on. that only supports a fsb of 200mhz. If your Sempron has a 333fsb set it
to on. On=fsb of 266, 333 and 400mhz.
Rudy

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:40:32 +0100, Benjamin Neu wrote:

> Marcus Lungarotti wrote:
>> If the BIOS is lower than version FH you should do it. If it's FH, FI,
>> FJ or FK the CPU should be recognized.
>>
>> Have vou set CLK_SW to ON and CLK_RATIO to AUTO?
>>
>> Bye
>> Marcus
>
> Yes, it was the default and I saw no reason to change it :)
>
> bye
> Benjamin

I had a similar problem with my GA-7VM400AMF, it was reporting my Sempron
2800 as an Athlon XP and cutting down the clock speed to 1GHz.

The CPU was overheating 'cos I'd got the CPU fan 180deg out.

Turned it around and everything worked as it should. ;-)

HTH

--
Regards
Barry

Rudy Kazuti wrote:
> I have the same board and the default setting for the clk switch is off not
> on. that only supports a fsb of 200mhz. If your Sempron has a 333fsb set it
> to on. On=fsb of 266, 333 and 400mhz.
> Rudy

D'oh! Yes you're right. I will check it out tomorow, when I have access
again to the machine.

bye
Benjamin

Benjamin Neu wrote:
> Rudy Kazuti wrote:

>> I have the same board and the default setting for the clk switch is
>> off not
>> on.

> D'oh! Yes you're right. I will check it out tomorow, when I have access
> again to the machine.

You were right. I've set the clk switch to on and now everthing runs
well. Thanks alot!

bye,
Benjamin