K8NSNXP-939 - Random resets in dual channek mode.

System:
K8NSNXP-939 with A64 3000
480W Thermatake Silent power PSU
1gb Corsair twinx 3200 (2x512mb matched pair)
200gb SATA
160gb IDE
1 DVD burner
1 DVD reader.

System decides to randomly reboot, but only in dual channel mode. Works
absolutely fine and runs stable if I put 512mb in each channel. Do I need to
up the power to the ram in dual channel, or is my matched pair not all that
matched?

Lord Deckard

Another person with Corsair problems!

I've mentioned in a few earlier posts that I cannot get my system to boot in
Dual Channel with Corsair sticks. Using the latest BIOS too.

If you aren't using the latest BIOS, I'd flash it to it and see how it goes.
It fixes the problems for some, but not for others unfortunately.

Good luck.

Peter Geddes

"Lord Deckard" <deckard(NOSPAM)1998@(DONTSPAMME)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:4217ce4c$0$53454$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> System:
> K8NSNXP-939 with A64 3000
> 480W Thermatake Silent power PSU
> 1gb Corsair twinx 3200 (2x512mb matched pair)
> 200gb SATA
> 160gb IDE
> 1 DVD burner
> 1 DVD reader.
>
> System decides to randomly reboot, but only in dual channel mode. Works
> absolutely fine and runs stable if I put 512mb in each channel. Do I need
> to up the power to the ram in dual channel, or is my matched pair not all
> that matched?
>
> Lord Deckard

> Another person with Corsair problems!
>
> I've mentioned in a few earlier posts that I cannot get my system to boot
> in Dual Channel with Corsair sticks. Using the latest BIOS too.
>
> If you aren't using the latest BIOS, I'd flash it to it and see how it
> goes. It fixes the problems for some, but not for others unfortunately.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Peter Geddes

Using the F8 bios which I believe is the latest? I can get it to boot OK in
dual channel, it just isn't the most stable of systems though! Sometimes can
go for a couple of days, or it can blink off 3 or 4 times in the space of an
hour. Frustrating isn't the word. Grrrr!

Lord Deckard.

>> Another person with Corsair problems!
>>
>> I've mentioned in a few earlier posts that I cannot get my system to boot
>> in Dual Channel with Corsair sticks. Using the latest BIOS too.
>>
>> If you aren't using the latest BIOS, I'd flash it to it and see how it
>> goes. It fixes the problems for some, but not for others unfortunately.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Peter Geddes
>
> Using the F8 bios which I believe is the latest? I can get it to boot OK
> in dual channel, it just isn't the most stable of systems though!
> Sometimes can go for a couple of days, or it can blink off 3 or 4 times in
> the space of an hour. Frustrating isn't the word. Grrrr!
>
> Lord Deckard.

Removed and reseated the ram about 10times and finally, it works!! The only
drawback is that now my video card is getting bloody hot! Wonder if it's
related or if my card has decided to annoy me by failing just to ensure
there's always something wrong with my computer...

Lord Deckard.

In article <421a362c$0$75435$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>,
Lord Deckard <deckard(NOSPAM)1998@(DONTSPAMME)hotmail.com> wrote:
#Removed and reseated the ram about 10times and finally, it works!! The only
#drawback is that now my video card is getting bloody hot! Wonder if it's
#related or if my card has decided to annoy me by failing just to ensure
#there's always something wrong with my computer...

The "quick, no-cost fix" for hot video cards is to pull the slot blank
out of the PCI slot below/beside the card. Since most video cards have
the fan on that side of the card, it allows fresh cool air in and hot
air out just where the video card needs it most.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!