Joystick "not connected" message

I have a Genius F-16 joystick, brand new, but I cannot have it working on my
computer, Intel P4 2.8GHz. The message is Not connected! What can I do?
Please help me, my children are very dissapointed.

First go to Control Panel.
Then go to Game Controllers.
Then Click the Add button
You may have to set it up using one of the drivers listed. I had to do this
with one on my daughters PC. It worked fine.
Just try several till you get one that works.
Don't forget to adjust it once you see it working.
Also if the Controller came with it's drivers, did you install them?

"Father Seeleh" <Father Seeleh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Genius F-16 joystick, brand new, but I cannot have it working on
my
> computer, Intel P4 2.8GHz. The message is Not connected! What can I do?
> Please help me, my children are very dissapointed.

Check the joystick manuf website for XP drivers / updates.

r.