I'm using 2 sticks of corsair PC 3200/400/512meg @ 2.5V. I have a stick of
Kingston, same speed/size but 2.6V. If I put the Kingston in what will the
2.5V set up do. Just slow the 2.6V ram down a little? Or would I be better
just to bump the voltage to 2.6?

Rudy

"Rudy Kazuti" <rudykube@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm using 2 sticks of corsair PC 3200/400/512meg @ 2.5V. I have a stick of
> Kingston, same speed/size but 2.6V. If I put the Kingston in what will the
> 2.5V set up do. Just slow the 2.6V ram down a little? Or would I be better
> just to bump the voltage to 2.6?
>
> Rudy

It won't slow the RAM down, but it will be supplying less than the
recommended voltage so you can expect errors (unexpected crahes). Why would
you want to deliberately undervolt the Kingston RAM? Always supply at least
the recommended voltage.

Jon

I don't want to under volt it. I can't selectively change voltage on
different slots. I guess the answer it to jump to 2.6V and over volt the
2.5V corsair a little?

> I don't want to under volt it. I can't selectively change voltage on
> different slots. I guess the answer it to jump to 2.6V and over volt the
> 2.5V corsair a little?

Yes indeed. My apologies. I had not considered that these would be
additional sticks.

Jon