Adding a second hard drive

My problem is when I install my new drive my computer detect it and loads it
and it would be drive D:,and my cd-rom drive would be E:drive.So here's
where the problem begin .I go to my computer window to check the new
drive(hard drive D:)but nothing has change. HDD C:,CD-Rom D: is still the
same why?

br549

The My Computer screen is not used to display disk drives, it is used to
display partitions on disk drives. Have you partitioned and formatted the
new disk? It will not show up in My Computer until you do. You also can
change drive letters to what ever you want in Disk Management.