g-force nividia card not working (5200)

I got this card to play DOOM 3 with..however after installing it into the
PCI slot and starting up the PC , the Monitor is blank although the power is
on . The installation manual reccomends that those who have on board 3D
graphics (like I have) should disable it first...does anyone know how to do
this.

Thanks

To disable on-board video cards, there are a few ways. Depending on the
manufacturer of your motherboard you can try looking:

1) In the BIOS for a setting to turn off the on-board video

OR

2) Open the case and check for a "jumper" to turn it off.

Your best bet is to locate the motherboard manual first. Yo can try
searching the Internet for it.