Laptop keyboard not working

December 27, 2004 3:17:02 PM

The integrated keyboard (PS/2) on my Inspiron 2650 notebook stopped working
in the middle of normal operation. The power and standby keys work, along
with the mouse, but no standard keys respond, even on powerup. XP says its
working fine. Any suggestions?
December 27, 2004 5:21:02 PM

Found the solution to my own problem. Apparently, taking out the battery,
pressing the power button for a few seconds, and replacing it will reset the
motherboard, and it works fine now. I finally saw this in the Dell knowlege
base, but I thought I'd post now for others who, like me, don't know the
right place to go to find an answer.

"Nick" wrote:

> The integrated keyboard (PS/2) on my Inspiron 2650 notebook stopped working
> in the middle of normal operation. The power and standby keys work, along
> with the mouse, but no standard keys respond, even on powerup. XP says its
> working fine. Any suggestions?
June 20, 2009 2:50:16 AM

I have the same computer model and problem, and this solved it completely. Thanks!