Laptop keyboard not working

The integrated keyboard (PS/2) on my Inspiron 2650 notebook stopped working
in the middle of normal operation. The power and standby keys work, along
with the mouse, but no standard keys respond, even on powerup. XP says its
working fine. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop keyboard working

    Found the solution to my own problem. Apparently, taking out the battery,
    pressing the power button for a few seconds, and replacing it will reset the
    motherboard, and it works fine now. I finally saw this in the Dell knowlege
    base, but I thought I'd post now for others who, like me, don't know the
    right place to go to find an answer.

    "Nick" wrote:

    > The integrated keyboard (PS/2) on my Inspiron 2650 notebook stopped working
    > in the middle of normal operation. The power and standby keys work, along
    > with the mouse, but no standard keys respond, even on powerup. XP says its
    > working fine. Any suggestions?
  2. I have the same computer model and problem, and this solved it completely. Thanks!

Laptops Keyboards Windows XP