Laptop keyboard not working

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The integrated keyboard (PS/2) on my Inspiron 2650 notebook stopped working
in the middle of normal operation. The power and standby keys work, along
with the mouse, but no standard keys respond, even on powerup. XP says its
working fine. Any suggestions?

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Found the solution to my own problem. Apparently, taking out the battery,
pressing the power button for a few seconds, and replacing it will reset the
motherboard, and it works fine now. I finally saw this in the Dell knowlege
base, but I thought I'd post now for others who, like me, don't know the
right place to go to find an answer.