ga-7n400 pro2 not booting into normal mode

Hi, I have just upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte ga-7n400 Pro2.I
installed everything with no problems and the system was booting and running
fine with no problems, that is it seems, until I installed my graphics card.
Now the sytem will not boot into normal mode, it just loops and keeps
resetting mid boot. However, if I keep hitting f8 and then boot into safe
mode the system will boot and load windows.??
So in safe mode I uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card (geforce4 mx
440) and removed the device from device manager. Reset and it booted into
normal mode.
It seems that the system will only boot into normal mode when there are no
drivers installed for my card, however, even if I install the standard
windows display driver the system will loop again next time I reset.
I can only seem to boot into normal mode with no drivers installed.But as
soon as it resets with a driver then the boot just keeps "looping" until I
turn the thing off!!

Has anybody got any suggestions as I have been trying different things for
over a week now and am getting pretty fed up to say the least!!

Thanks, Neil.
3 answers Last reply
More about 7n400 pro2 booting normal mode

    "Neil Smith" <nsmith79@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have just upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte ga-7n400 Pro2.I
    > installed everything with no problems and the system was booting and
    > running
    > fine with no problems, that is it seems, until I installed my graphics
    > card.
    > Now the sytem will not boot into normal mode, it just loops and keeps
    > resetting mid boot. However, if I keep hitting f8 and then boot into safe
    > mode the system will boot and load windows.??
    > So in safe mode I uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card (geforce4
    > mx
    > 440) and removed the device from device manager. Reset and it booted into
    > normal mode.
    > It seems that the system will only boot into normal mode when there are no
    > drivers installed for my card, however, even if I install the standard
    > windows display driver the system will loop again next time I reset.
    > I can only seem to boot into normal mode with no drivers installed.But as
    > soon as it resets with a driver then the boot just keeps "looping" until I
    > turn the thing off!!
    >
    > Has anybody got any suggestions as I have been trying different things for
    > over a week now and am getting pretty fed up to say the least!!
    >
    > Thanks, Neil.

    which graphics card have you installed?

    "Neil Smith" <nsmith79@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have just upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte ga-7n400 Pro2.I
    > installed everything with no problems and the system was booting and
    > running
    > fine with no problems, that is it seems, until I installed my graphics
    > card.
    > Now the sytem will not boot into normal mode, it just loops and keeps
    > resetting mid boot. However, if I keep hitting f8 and then boot into safe
    > mode the system will boot and load windows.??
    > So in safe mode I uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card (geforce4
    > mx
    > 440) and removed the device from device manager. Reset and it booted into
    > normal mode.
    > It seems that the system will only boot into normal mode when there are no
    > drivers installed for my card, however, even if I install the standard
    > windows display driver the system will loop again next time I reset.
    > I can only seem to boot into normal mode with no drivers installed.But as
    > soon as it resets with a driver then the boot just keeps "looping" until I
    > turn the thing off!!
    >
    > Has anybody got any suggestions as I have been trying different things for
    > over a week now and am getting pretty fed up to say the least!!
    >
    > Thanks, Neil.

    It is probably your graphic card to blame. If the card is working fine on
    another computer, then it may be the AGP settings of your mobo to adjust.
    Turn Fastwrite off, set AGP to 4x and aperture size 64MB or 128MB.

    "Dimitris Ketikidis" <doctorx@tellas.gr> wrote in message

    > "Neil Smith" <nsmith79@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I have just upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte ga-7n400 Pro2.I
    > > installed everything with no problems and the system was booting and
    > > running
    > > fine with no problems, that is it seems, until I installed my graphics
    > > card.
    > > Now the sytem will not boot into normal mode, it just loops and keeps
    > > resetting mid boot. However, if I keep hitting f8 and then boot into
    safe
    > > mode the system will boot and load windows.??
    > > So in safe mode I uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card (geforce4
    > > mx
    > > 440) and removed the device from device manager. Reset and it booted
    into
    > > normal mode.
    > > It seems that the system will only boot into normal mode when there are
    no
    > > drivers installed for my card, however, even if I install the standard
    > > windows display driver the system will loop again next time I reset.
    > > I can only seem to boot into normal mode with no drivers installed.But
    as
    > > soon as it resets with a driver then the boot just keeps "looping" until
    > > turn the thing off!!
    > >
    > > Has anybody got any suggestions as I have been trying different things
    for
    > > over a week now and am getting pretty fed up to say the least!!
    > >
    > > Thanks, Neil.
    > >

    > It is probably your graphic card to blame. If the card is working fine on
    > another computer, then it may be the AGP settings of your mobo to adjust.
    > Turn Fastwrite off, set AGP to 4x and aperture size 64MB or 128MB.

    Make sure you have the latest driver installed for the AGP controller before
    installing the card again.

Gigabyte Boot Graphics Cards Motherboards